Bear

Why do you skydive?

I got into it because I've always been fascinated by heights. When I was a little child, I fashioned a stair out of the kitchen drawers in order to get to the counter. I jumped from the dresser drawer. I jumped into the hay in the barn, and swung in a rope in order to get more freefall. I climbed every roof and every tree I could. I made paper airplanes and toy parachutists and threw them from the barn roof.
I knew I wanted to try skydiving one day, and did a tandem one september morning. It was awesome.
The day before i started my FJC, I did a bungee jump. It was not very pleasant (upside down deceleration makes your head fell like a water balloon). And I was scared weak when I jumped - I had experienced heights many many times, but never like that. The best thing I got out of that was that I now knew I could react correctly and do what I should even if I was green in the face. Knowing I could trust myself to jump helped when it was time for the first S/L - of course I was nervous, but I did what I was supposed to with no problems.

Because I ENjoy the disconnection ( figuratively AND literally )
from this absolutely CRAZY :S:|:S planet.... on which we live....

NOTHING from That existence Matters, once we jump IN that door....;)

i have been saying for YEARS... that when we are on jump run and we cross the plane of that exit door.... we are NOt jumping OUT of anything... :|:S:P
Rather we are Jumping IN.....;)
to a world which non-jumpers can Never imagine....B|

I've found great joy, exhiliaration AND friendship IN that world.... and always fly my canopy as safely and carefully as i CAN,,, soas to be able to be part of the NEXT skydive..

jmy
A 3914
D 12122

Because I ENjoy the disconnection ( figuratively AND literally )
from this absolutely CRAZY :S:|:S planet.... on which we live....

NOTHING from That existence Matters, once we jump IN that door....;)

i have been saying for YEARS... that when we are on jump run and we cross the plane of that exit door.... we are NOt jumping OUT of anything... :|:S:P

I've found great joy, exhiliaration AND friendship IN that world.... and always fly my canopy as safely and carefully as i CAN,,, soas to be able to be part of the NEXT skydive..

jmy
A 3914
D 12122

c'mon dude,,admit it, you do it for the ladies too right? ;)
I definitely do it for the ladies,,,it's a great ice-breaker...i just tell my prospects that "I'm A Skydiver"..and from there they get all mushy

I definitely do it for the ladies,,,it's a great ice-breaker...i just tell my prospects that "I'm A Skydiver"..and from there they get all mushy

hahaha... Kids today....sheesh...:DB|
while i certainly DO enjoy having a hobby which can also be enjoyed by Women...i never have relied on that "ice -breaker " aspect of it. In fact, my wife of 30+ years sorta cringed when she first found out....But By then i had over 1,200 jumps none of which had helped me "find" a woman... WE connected because She is fantastic,B| and because of all the wonderful traits and Charm!! :o that i brought to the table.:P:$:$B|

I started jumping when i was a teen so i USED to be able to say.. " I've made more skydives than times I've been laid....:o and when whuffo guys laughed at me.. I'd follow it Up with "i've made More skydives than times YOU'VE been laid..." that usually shut 'em up...:)
i Have met and established good friendships with many Ladies, some of whom, hold a real sweet spot in my heart,,, but it's not one of the reasons WHY i jump.....
besides who wants a "mushy lady" ???:o

i'm glad if you think it works for YOU though...:ph34r: however i wouldn't advertise that you look at women simply as "prospects" hahahah How's that workin' out for ya'???
Thanks for the smile... skydive safely,,, UNLESS you wanna work THAT line on a Nurse...or better yet a DOCTOR!!!!!! hahahah Maybe you DO have somethin' there....B|;)

Anyway...good luck pal..
skydive softly , skydive often, skydive with friends....

jmy
POPS 3935
NSCR 1817

:ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

while i certainly DO enjoy having a hobby which can also be enjoyed by Women...i never have relied on that "ice -breaker " aspect of it. In fact, my wife of 30+ years sorta cringed when she first found out....But By then i had over 1,200 jumps none of which had helped me "find" a woman... WE connected because of all the OTHER wonderful traits that i possess!!:P:$:$B|

I started jumping when i was a teen so i USED to be able to say.. " I've made more skydives than times I've been laid....:o and when whuffo guys laughed at me.. I'd follow it Up with "i've made More skydives than times YOU'VE been laid..." that usually shut 'em up...:)
i Have met and established good friendships with many Ladies, some of whom, hold a real sweet spot in my heart,,, but it's not one of the reasons WHY i jump.....

i'm glad if you think it works for YOU though...:ph34r: however i wouldn't advertise that you look at women simply as "prospects" hahahah How's that workin' out for ya'???
Thanks for the smile... skydive safely,,, UNLESS you wanna work THAT line on a Nurse...or better yet a DOCTOR!!!!!! hahahah Maybe you DO have somethin' there....B|;)

Anyway...good luck pal..

jmy
POPS 3935
NSCR 1817

Before skydiving i used to use this as my ice-breaker at a bar or club.

Meh : How much does a polar bear weigh?
Prospect : I don't know... [:/]
Meh : Enough to break the ice..hi my name is (insert name) :ph34r:

I can't say for sure but the success rate for that was dismal at best...so now i use "Im a skydiving" and that perks some interest.
Speaking of which, i wish i could say I "I've made more skydives than times i've been laid". but unfortunately i'm only on AFF4 [:/]

In terms of prospects i've haven't had much success..partly because I'm not the alpha male at the clubs or bars or partly cuz of my 1-liners. But I try to keep it optimistic.

while i certainly DO enjoy having a hobby which can also be enjoyed by Women...i never have relied on that "ice -breaker " aspect of it. In fact, my wife of 30+ years sorta cringed when she first found out....But By then i had over 1,200 jumps none of which had helped me "find" a woman... WE connected because of all the OTHER wonderful traits that i possess!!:P:$:$B|

Anyway...good luck pal..

jmy
POPS 3935
NSCR 1817

I can't say for sure but the success rate for that was dismal at best...so now i use "Im a skydiving" and that perks some interest.
Speaking of which, i wish i could say I "I've made more skydives than times i've been laid". but unfortunately i'm only on AFF4 [:/]

In terms of prospects i've haven't had much success..partly because I'm not the alpha male at the clubs or bars or partly cuz of my 1-liners. But I try to keep it optimistic.

Hi Goon

Your being a realist.:)
Expecting to hook up with a nice lady at the DZ would be optimistic:D:S

Time to take a nap:|

R.

Anyway...good luck pal..

jmy
POPS 3935
NSCR 1817

Hi Goon

R.

I hear ya about being a realist. I used to get really bum'ed out about rejections at clubs and bars...but not anymore. I've been rejected so many times it doesn't even phase me anymore.
One time this prospect actually told me (and i'm glad she was at least truthful) that my breath stinks. I took it with a grain of salt cuz i know i brush my teeth everyday.
But in my line of work you can't take rejections so seriously...so in a sense i've gotten immune to it.

But yeah, you're right, it's mid-afternoon and i'm gonna nap too B|

Anyway...good luck pal..

jmy
POPS 3935
NSCR 1817

Hi Goon

R.

Rejection sucks but I just go by this saying " the sun shines on a dogs ass eventually"

Bear,

I started purely cause I love flying and every aspect of it. As a boy, I used to climb onto our roof, and watch the jumpers open on the horizon. When I was old enough, I cycled there every weekend. I could pack at 14 ish. My dad was in the airforce, radar. So his love for it obviously grew on me aswell.

When I look at the sky, I see freedom, fun thrill, 3D manuevres, it is absolutely endless enjoyment.

As for the scaryness factor. I was not scared, maybe a bit jittery, but I wanted to do it.

I was also not gonna die saying I should have tried this/that. SO, I did it.
You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.

love the description Jimmy. You have a great attitude my friend :)
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

C'mon...i can't be the only one that skydives for the ladies >:(

no that's why we do demo's for the chicks and the glory

wait wait wait..wut? now how come i haven't conceived of doing demo's.

How might i get into demo'ing for my local town?..and this strictly for the ladies

Shhhh....Damn it Rick ~ i TOLD you not to let that out, next thing ya know everybody will be wanting to be a Rockstar Skydiver!! >:(

How might i get into demo'ing for my local town?..and this strictly for the ladies

SEE!!!!!!! :P

awww, c'mon 'Twardo, help a brotha out. really though, i have low self esteem and any edge that will get me some ladies would be helpful. Can you teach me the ways of demo'ing? :|

awww, c'mon 'Twardo, help a brotha out. really though, i have low self esteem and any edge that will get me some ladies would be helpful. Can you teach me the ways of demo'ing? :|

Well Okay...since you asked so kindly I'll give you a few quick hints to get you started.

You'll need to work hard on developing some specialized skills.

No, I don't mean Skydiving...anybody can do THAT!

You need to perfect your multi-tasking envelope of skills...

Practice signing autographs while standing on one foot and juggling three chainsaws & singing the National Anthem...drunk and in the dark!

When you get that down we can go to step 2! ;)

Well Okay...since you asked so kindly I'll give you a few quick hints to get you started.

You'll need to work hard on developing some specialized skills.

No, I don't mean Skydiving...anybody can do THAT!

You need to perfect your multi-tasking envelope of skills...

Practice signing autographs while standing on one foot and juggling three chainsaws & singing the National Anthem...drunk and in the dark!

When you get that down we can go to step 2! ;)

Yep sounds about right. It is a plus if the chainsaws are on fire....
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!