skykatherine

Best Skydive Ever?

Two of my jumps really stand out:
1. Jumping with a friend beside a HUGE cumulus cloud. The base was a little above pull altitude, the top near exit. I felt small. At breakoff, my friend tracked into the cloud... she wasn't happy about it. Hail, apparently.

2. Hop&pop at sunset. The pilot wanted to fly one other lift, but people were a bit tired after a long, great day of jumping. I went on to try and convince the manifestor that day, who hadn't intended to jump at all, and he finally gave in.
The sun had just set. I'm sure many of you know how the sun looks at altitude after sunset - it's redder than anything you've ever seen. I pulled down my brakes and just hung there, as if suspended in mid-air in a mild breeze and just felt so alive that I've never felt. It was completely serene and peaceful.

The manifestor gave me a heartfelt "thank you" after we landed.

Edit: I'm trying CRW for the first time in two weeks. I'm sure that will be quite memorable.

Now let's wait for the respons:

"1971 from a Boeing 727 with $200.000 in a bag"
:D

Probably not the best skydive ever....

But definitely the most bad-ass skydive ever!! :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

A two way tracking jump with my daughter. Her first one, and she was a natural. We flew shoulder to shoulder for what seemed like forever, flying like birds. I did a front flip and she repeated it perfectly and we kept going.

7 years and 665 jumps into it. That one was around jump 100 for me, and still the best.
But what do I know?

Nice video,,brought back lots of memories,,,tho those white fence posts in the landing are quite frightening......

(I was landing well short of the metal posts... it's just really hard to tell in telephoto lens shots... guess it looked like I was coming down on them!)

My best jump so far I my first solo.. And I will say that last weekend my mom came out for her first ever Dropzone day. I was gearing up and she was asking questions like one of your kids would. I jumped and landed right by her, I havent seen a smile on her like that in my life. She was amazed by it all.
”she has had 5 brain surgeries and never spends more than a couple hours outside the house. To see her out for nearly twelve hours, still energetic and smiling” that was an awesome jump!

Hey, I was there too, and jumped that helicopter. Which was an AMAZING ride indeed! Never had the privilege of jumping the Quincy Jet there, but I have jumped an Antonof and a military helicopter over the Durban International airport, jumping out at 14,000. Thanks for the walk down memory lane!!