Lodi781

New guy question on AFF course....

What's the etiquette for students after class is done in regards to the instructors? Do they get tipped? A case or two of beer or is the course fees enough and it gets left at that? Just curious as I'm learning the ins and outs of this community and would like to get it right the first time.....
The love you withhold is the pain you carry, lifetime after lifetime.

What's the etiquette for students after class is done in regards to the instructors? Do they get tipped? A case or two of beer or is the course fees enough and it gets left at that? Just curious as I'm learning the ins and outs of this community and would like to get it right the first time.....

Spend your money on jumps:)
You'll owe a case of beer when you complete AFF, when you get your A license etc.

However, there is nothing wrong with buying your AFF instructor a beer after the days jumping is complete. That will give you an opportunity to chat to them and get a bit more attention.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

I was told by an instructor that AFF students are exempt from the beer rule. Except they owe it upon graduating the course. I brought beer a couple times anyway. Because beer don't need no excuse.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

What is this beer rule you speak of? Curious I am...

http://www.skydiving.org.vt.edu/goodstuff/beer.htm

Warning: KNOW your Beer Rules else the DZ beer hounds will burn your wallet dry telling you all sorts of "you owe beer" shit.

The most common fallacy is, "You said the word 'first'. You owe beer."

The whole idea behind the Beer Rules is to celebrate major skydiving milestones and to promote camaraderie and learning.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Tipping is optional, but less seen in AFF as compared to tandem. There's a good chance you'll be working with your AFF instructors over the course of many jumps while you work toward your license. The relationship is ongoing, more like a doctor or landscaper, where tipping isn't the norm, as compared to a one-time relationship, like a waiter or valet, where tipping is the norm.

One thought is to wait until you graduate, and see if you end up working with one or two instructors more than others, and tip them for the entire process. If you find that you worked with the entire staff during the process, maybe order some pizzas for the whole staff around dinner time on a busy Sat or Sun.

What is this beer rule you speak of? Curious I am...

http://www.skydiving.org.vt.edu/goodstuff/beer.htm

Warning: KNOW your Beer Rules else the DZ beer hounds will burn your wallet dry telling you all sorts of "you owe beer" shit.

The most common fallacy is, "You said the word 'first'. You owe beer."

The whole idea behind the Beer Rules is to celebrate major skydiving milestones and to promote camaraderie and learning.

Ahha..Thank you very much!

Tipping is optional, but less seen in AFF as compared to tandem. There's a good chance you'll be working with your AFF instructors over the course of many jumps while you work toward your license. The relationship is ongoing, more like a doctor or landscaper, where tipping isn't the norm, as compared to a one-time relationship, like a waiter or valet, where tipping is the norm.

One thought is to wait until you graduate, and see if you end up working with one or two instructors more than others, and tip them for the entire process. If you find that you worked with the entire staff during the process, maybe order some pizzas for the whole staff around dinner time on a busy Sat or Sun.

Noted...Thank you !