mike_sketo

Beginner Needs Help

hello everyone ,

i m a 25yr old newbie on the skydiving world , i have aprox 130 skydives (+10 s/l) most of which i made in Austria and Australia . i have basic rigging knowledge but not any ratings.At the moment i have saved a small amount of money which i m intending to spend to develop my skills in formation skydiving and accuracy maybe a bit of freeflying as well (since it looks like i m talented in angles)
I am located in Sydney but i m willing to move anywhere in australia or overseas if there is accomodation available in the dropzone or close to it.
Looking for a dropzone where i could build my skills and numbers , maybe get some ratings as well . i m dreaming of a dropzone where there will be minimum 10 loads daily for the next 8months so i can catch at least 9 Per day .
my intention is to reach a significant level of experience by january 2014 so i can work in a dropzone in the near future.

SAFETY is a priority as well as kind and experienced people .

job offers are also welcome however i dont have any ratings as i said !

thank you in advance for any response .

130views no response ? looks weird !

If you are headed to the US, there are a few DZ's known for good year round jumping. People/teams come from all over the world to places like DeLand and Eloy (skydive arizona) to train.

I think Eloy gets something like 330 jumpable days a year.... I'm sure there are other places (Sebastian, ZHills? Perris Valley?)_ but if I was wanting to accomplish what you are talking about below, I'd head to Florida or Arizona.

If you're talking about the summer and fall, there are two DZs you should consider. Skydive Chicago and Chicagoland Skydiving Center. Both have unbelievable facilites and many people live right on the dz. They both fly a lot of looads every day and have some of the greatest events in the US during the summer.

Definitely check those out.

Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be..
Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

if your looking for 1 on 1 help and want to learn and help out at DZ and live LOW cost, stop in at skydive eagle creek Oregon we can help you in more ways than you would ever imagine! only if your serious! reply OLD SCHOOL DZ with absolute premium record and we have the only beaver in pacific northwest no turbines here and open 7 days a week and have the most gear in all of the area! CHECK IT OUT skydive beaver oaks,skydive inc.,western parachute sales, Call Ralph no need to call just show up!

I believe there's a program in New Zealand that's designed to get you your ratings and dz experience, as well.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

If you are headed to the US, there are a few DZ's known for good year round jumping. People/teams come from all over the world to places like DeLand and Eloy (skydive arizona) to train.

I think Eloy gets something like 330 jumpable days a year.... I'm sure there are other places (Sebastian, ZHills? Perris Valley?)_ but if I was wanting to accomplish what you are talking about below, I'd head to Florida or Arizona.

Thanks for the responses everyone . i was thinking about Arizona , i have the impression that florida might be bit more expensive than i can afford . i was thinking about spaceland ( texas) as well but didnt hear any input . thanks again !

Mike,
Lots written hear about the fact that you can get up to 200 jumps subsidised by the NZ government if you attend a jump school in NZ IIRC it applies to Aus and NZ citizens - there are threads dedicated to it. Not sure what the criteria are to access the subsidy but....it could be worth checking.
Good luck
Ken