frankyblue

Where to live...

If one is 30 years old, and money is not a large concern. Your hobbies include boating,mountain biking, snow boarding, and most importantly skydiving.

What city would you choice to live in?
I never pull out... unless its a pilot chute, in that case yes I do pull.

North Lake Tahoe/Truckee area, that is if you were okay with a 2ish hour drive to a dropzone. If you want to be closer to the dropzone than the other activities, I'd go with farther southwest in Northern CA.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Longmont Colorado! If you choose your house wisely you can walk over to the dropzone in your bunny slippers and talk to the packers while drinking your coffee. More ski areas than you can shake a stick at within driving distance, good local shops, good employment opportunities, Rocky Mountain National Park 45 minutes away, it's a nice place!
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

Salt Lake City/SLC area.
Some of the best snow on earth.
2 very nice dropzones within 30 minutes of downtown SLC. Terrific tunnel staff in Ogden. Both DZ's have great views and good staff.
Moab within 3 hours of SLC (has a couple of small-ish DZ's there too).
Provo, SLC, Ogden all have large lakes for boating, plus Colorado and Green rivers for rafting/whitewater.
Snowboard in May, able to bike/boat in December, all within 3 hour drive.

Seems to me if money is not a "large" concern that you could drag an RV (travel trailer) and spend the best times of the year in the most appropriate places. Florida in the winter, Arizona in the spring, Colorado in the summer and pick a place for the $hits and giggles in the fall... perhaps Colorado and then rotate thereafter.

I would think the Pacific Northwest would be good. Seattle, Tacoma, Olympia, WA or Portland area in Oregon. Skiing, Snowboarding in the Cascades, Puget Sound and the Pacific, hiking the Olympic mountains and several DZs with some pretty awesome views.
POPS #10623; SOS #1672

OK here's the score so far:

Girl in No. Cal sez No. Cal.

Dude in Colo. sez Colo.

The Utahn sez Utah

The other Coloradan dumps on Utah for its lack of debauchery

The first Coloradan rubs it in.

The guy with no location sez be a nomad

Preacher from the Northwest sez Northwest (and that's the Gospel truth)

--------------

No patterns here, guys. ;)

I notice no one has suggested anywhere east of the Mississippi! That at least narrows your search down to about half the country! Doesn't seem like the skydiving scene is all that hot in Wyoming/Montana -- snow gets asshole deep on a camel up there, though I know there are some dropzones up that way. Montana might be bumpy enough to suit your needs -- you could set up in the grand Tetons (bonus for living on boobies) if there's a decent dropzone there, good skiing in the winter for sure. I don't think there are as many ski areas as Colorado or Utah, though.

You probably get more consistent year-round skydiving in Phoenix/Texas, but the drive for skiing is farther. I was able to jump all winter in Longmont, but a couple of those days were kind of miserable. Though jumping while freezing your ass off is still better than working. We had a few folks down from Wyoming over the winter, so driving to a warmer dropzone is always an option. Just make sure you live near a south-going interstate if you choose someplace cold.

You cold do a train or diving tour! Map out the drop zones that interest you the most starting around Denver, up through Utah, maybe stop by Seattle and then South through Californa. Maybe down Highway 9 or somethng. Or 101 if you're interested on the ocean. I don't recall seeing surfing on your list of things there, but it seems like something you would like. Then just pick the place that sucks the least! Keep in mind that is about 3000-4000 miles of driving (Denver to Seattle is about 1600) so you'd probably want to take at least a couple weeks to do it either way, so you can get a good feel for each city you're interested in.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

Yeah I am in a pretty sweet situation. I work out of my apartment, so I can live where ever. My GF is planning on starting a traveling nursing job, that will put us in different locations of our choice for 3 months at a time. The job takes care of all housing and all moving expenses. So duel income, no kids, and no mortgagee/rent....Life is good!

So I am pretty pumped on sampling some different America living.
I never pull out... unless its a pilot chute, in that case yes I do pull.