plorensen

Pulse 190 with revised line set

I was just wondering what people think about the flare on the pulse 190 with the revised line set I'm getting ready to go back jumping after breaking myself.

What were you jumping when you got hurt? How did you get hurt? What's your wingloading?

Good luck to ya. :)

IIRC it moves some of the brake line attachment points inboard a bit so that there is greater deflection of the tail etc.

I put about 100 jumps on the 190 before the mod and I thought it landed fine. I guess it is supposed to land like the "smaller" Pulses (according to PD the 170 and below). Put about 140 on a PL170 and the landings / flare didn't seem too different.

Possible I just don't have the experience to judge the difference.

Just to answer a few questions. I was jumping my pulse with the old line set when I broke my wrist on a landing. I was jumping at my home dz when injured. My wing loading is 1:1.1. I had always had problems with the flare. After my injury P.D. issued a line set revision and the good folk at P.D. replaced the lines for free. I was just wondering what I could expect out of it with the new line set. If there's anyone out there who has jumped both line sets I would like to hear your thought on it. Thanks again.

I did the revision on both of my 210s and I find the canopy easier to shut down, especially on a no-wind day. The toggle pressure is somewhat heavier than the original configuration.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I did the revision on both of my 210s and I find the canopy easier to shut down, especially on a no-wind day. The toggle pressure is somewhat heavier than the original configuration.

That could be just a revision to the steering line lengths, nothing more. When I had my canopy relined, I had them let the steering lines out 6 inches. :)

That could be just a revision to the steering line lengths, nothing more. When I had my canopy relined, I had them let the steering lines out 6 inches. :)

I'm not sure what you're trying to say - are you asking if they *just* reconfigured the steering lines? I can't find the original memo PD released describing the changes, but the line trim chart now describes both and you can see the change in trim and attachment points - it's much more than just letting out the steering lines.

http://performancedesigns.com/docs/linetrims/PL-190-260-Line_Trim_Chart.pdf
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Can you demo a 190 with the revised line set before you make the decision on your own? That's what I did (I was lucky in that I was already going to a boogie where PD had demo canopies, but you can also get them through their mail order demo program). It's not a cheap mod - make sure you like it first.

I can't find the original memo PD released describing the changes, but the line trim chart now describes both and you can see the change in trim and attachment points - it's much more than just letting out the steering lines.

OIC!:$

I thought we were talking about relining. I didn't know PD had decided, post production, to change the trim settings.

Never mind.:D