Chelseaflies

Moving to Dubai just to skydive?

I'm surprised you wouldn't come over this way - no visa worries, no potential language barrier, and a hell of a lot cheaper. Still, best of luck whichever way you go... ;)

You are playing chicken with a planet - you can't dodge and planets don't blink. Act accordingly.

Now, I do want to learn in Dubai. Do I really, really, REALLY want to learn there? Well.. Yes and no. Yes, they seem like some very experienced trainers, with many years in the business and that's obviously interests me because I can learn a lot from it. That being said though, there's no reason that I can't learn just the same from the majority of any other DZ's in the world.

Well I am not surprised that after being at NZONE you want to get as far away as possible... they do not respect students or fun jumpers, they just want money and that is why they charge what they do... (not speaking about all the instructors just the company in general)

If you want to gain good experience in a short period of time and with little financial input...

Simple.

Go to Lodi.
In US$
AFF $1000
Jump tickets $13 (block of 50.
Weather perfect all summer.

Loads, plenty

Experience? 50 years of it...

For your 6k you could fullfill the requirements of a D license in a matter of a couple of months, you can camp on the DZ, you can get a job there, and you can come back to NZ with more jumps than the Parachute school kids in half the time for 1/4 of the money...

Just saying... Lodi aint no dubai, but 6k won't get you far in Dubai. In Lodi it will get you hundreds of jumps in a couple of months. and you can a-camp-o for free.,,

PM me if you want more info.

But, I do love Dubai as a city

Dubai is great, don't get me wrong, I love the place and I've been there several times. But if you haven't been there yet you can't really form an opinion and say you "love" it as a city. You might end up disliking the place when you have to live by their laws and customs.

Just saying don't jump the gun yet :D

Panda..
Compromise, A Few Seconds Of Pain, For A Life Time Of Shiny :D

Dubai is the new kid on the block and is trying to make a name for itself and gain a certain exposure level how that goes is anyone's Guess.

My advice for you would be to contact your federation and see what requirements are needed for your licence hereI haven't checked it as i don't have the time. It may give you locations of DZ in your area or around the country. Would also recommend seeing if there is a local independent website like this in NZ or Aus to gain experiences or gain lumper/ instructor information.

As already mentioned elsewhere here i would consider Australia for its location and language as well as lifestyle similarities to where you live. Remember Dubai is a different country, different religion and beliefs with a different way of dealing with people. Some people tend to forget these things which is when it goes wrong.

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun