MadDog54

Vector 3 Lead Time

Ok, i paid up front for the rig..i was excited. I felt like an 18 year old going to a strip joint for the first time. That's how excited i was.

Shame on me, i didn't inquire about the lead time....the next day, literally, i'm cruising around UPT's site and that's where i noticed the lead time.

you wanna know why?? huh?!!! Because i ordered a custom rig from them just last week!
And i want my rig That's all i want. And all i got was this piece of receipt paper that basically says "we took 7 grand off your checking account..and you have nothing to hold..muuhahahah".

Cancel your order immediately. I doubt they have done much more than put it in line for production, so before they do any work or cut any goods, cancel the order. You should be able to get 99% (if not 100%) of your money back.

I gotta ask, between filling out the order form and getting measured, it never occured to you to ask how long it would take? When I order a pizza I want to know when it will be ready, and this seems like a bigger deal than a pizza.

Part of it is demand, part of it was their recent construction of a new manufacturing facility. Their lead time for new rigs has already dropped down to ~36 weeks (it was 46 when I ordered) and will drop more.

Does it suck? Sure does, but I'm willing to wait.

Yeah they updated the facebook page on 5 April with the 33 week range and reason why it has moved out to 40 weeks again

I just did my 120th jump last weekend and I've been doing about 6-10 jumps a week. I want to downsize because canopy flight is fun (its one of my favorite parts about the jump) and I want to fly higher performance canopies

And this is the problem now days. This is why guys are getting hurt. Believe me i know..l take your time bro. Never downsize until you can DO EVERYTHING ON YOUR CURRENT CANOPY. Just cause you yank a toggle and it spins does not qualify as a technique hens time to downsize. Not trying to beq douche. Just don't be in such a hurry...

you wanna know why?? huh?!!! Because i ordered a custom rig from them just last week!
And i want my rig That's all i want. And all i got was this piece of receipt paper that basically says "we took 7 grand off your checking account..and you have nothing to hold..muuhahahah".

Cancel your order immediately. I doubt they have done much more than put it in line for production, so before they do any work or cut any goods, cancel the order. You should be able to get 99% (if not 100%) of your money back.

I gotta ask, between filling out the order form and getting measured, it never occured to you to ask how long it would take? When I order a pizza I want to know when it will be ready, and this seems like a bigger deal than a pizza.

i already cancelled and got a full refund..now i have cash to go shopping :)See ya later UPT!

I will acknowledge that this may be a super stupid question.

I have a Vector 3 now and I really like it. I would like to order another one, when i buy i new container but the lead time is 40 weeks. Would it be stupid to order one now sized for a 135? I'm on a 190, so that would give me about a year to downsize to a 135 and even if i didn't make it to 135 could cram a 150 into it.

40 weeks? :o
what the hell? UPT only hired 1 dude to manufacturer rigs? Can anyone from UPT address this 40 week lead time? I mean c'mon, that rig better have a life time warranty for a 40 week lead time or perhaps when you get the new rig have a case of beer packed in the container.
40 weeks is almost waiting for a baby to be born :| (or something like that)

Peesseeeeeesss " wait for the best" right.. That's why I opted for a curve... THE BEST OUT :)... These companies have NO LOYALTY TOWARDS US. Why would I towards them??? They deal with military contracts... You think they give a shit about your shiny custom neon micron with a grinning pig??? I think not...

i already cancelled and got a full refund..now i have cash to go shopping :)See ya later UPT!

And I bet they were glad to give it to you. :|

I actually asked this question, in the factory, in person, like in the last few days,...

"Our customers have no issue waiting for the best,..."

They do have a few Camo Rigs for basically immediate shipment left,... not sure of sizes available.

I think someone should point out the stupidity of making the statment about "CRAMMING" an oversized canopy into a rig,

it is precisly why UPT won't engage with Mr. Sherman about a very real issue that is causing fatals each year! And that is once again you users of the equipment make these stupid remarks again and again, and the manufacturer's can't and are unable to control what the user does after it leaves the factory.

You are an ass if you put both a full fitting reserve and main in a containeer! Your just ignorant if you put in even a larger than reccommended, I'm contiually amazed by this behavior????

I also asked this same question, or better said made that same point,...

The lead time is a little long,...are you loosing customers?

With a kind of a grin that same individual also said the same answere!!!

Their doors (UPT'S) are always open to anyone who wants a tour of the "largest" sport parachuting "manufacturer in the world." They do have a lot of "demand."

I wan't also to point out in my dealings with manufacturers they have shown me, on numerous occasions, that they are so far ahead of everyone else as far as customer service and attention, there really isn't any comparison. Quite simply the best service I have ever seen!

And no I don't work for them...

I also want to point out my first rig was a Racer, my second rig was also a Racer but I gave it away ten years ago for medical reasons, so I never got to jump it! And in all fairness the racer was more comfortable than my V3, but again with all the padding an the V3 it's pretty damnn comfy!!:)C
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

well done!

that's one of the reasons why I'd not buy a Vector and neither an PdF-product. Military always comes first.

But then again, there are enough out there who want a posh rig no matter what it takes...

I'm in no rush and I ordered the best. Some things are worth the wait.

How do you qualify that statement?

Please prove to me that the the Vector is the best.

;)
Please prove to me that it's not???
:)

;)

OH OH OH - BRAND WAR..

get a fucking life. Jump what you like. And shut the fuck up.

:S

;)

OH OH OH - BRAND WAR..

Thank you for your observation about "getting a life."

I agree the lead time is a little long, my comment was more of a sarchastic comment about the prior posters comment, kind of the logical argument. I'll admit this one however went above many heads,...

you can't rally prove one persons personal preference as in a brand war, so the reference is too what can be proven or not?

Kind of the UFO argument, every rational human knows that they exsist, so I ask you "who do not belive" to prove that they don't exsist! rather that to those of you out there demaning that we prove they do exsist,...

Ya I know >>> "get a life." >:(

;)

The issues shown in these videos are not limited to Vectors, but I would expect the best container to not be affected by either.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYIUjKGxagI

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5_KLch6ziA&feature=plcp

FWIW I always wanted a Micron until I saw these and now my choice of container is dictated by the ability of the reserve to deploy quickly in the worst case scenario, low altitude, low airspeed (AC emergency below 1000ft)

Of course you are entitled to your own opinions, even if they are wrong :P
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Sure "the BEST" is a relative term, but it could be gauged by demand.

When someone has the means to buy 'the best' regardless of price they usually buy the best. Look at Fazza Sky for example, they are arguably comprised of some of the best jumpers the sport has to offer and they have 'unlimited funds', they have chosen to go with UPT Vector as their container of choice.... take from it what you will, but it says something.

Some might also say that with their inovations such as the skyhook that UPT is ahead of the rest.

Anyway, no one is going to win any brand debate here so it really just comes down to personal preference..... and personal preference leads to 40 week lead times. :o:P

*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

;)

The issues shown in these videos are not limited to Vectors, but I would expect the best container to not be affected by either.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYIUjKGxagI

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5_KLch6ziA&feature=plcp

FWIW I always wanted a Micron until I saw these and now my choice of container is dictated by the ability of the reserve to deploy quickly in the worst case scenario, low altitude, low airspeed (AC emergency below 1000ft)

Of course you are entitled to your own opinions, even if they are wrong :P

Nice find! ooOOOo..someone just got mooded! :D

:(

It's my sarcasm which is throwing people of late.

In addition to the issue of "proving," there is also the subjective nature of what is considered to be the "best."

For my blighted sarcasm, (and spelling,) I do apologize.

Obviously if we further define and use a list of criteria of what is important and what isn't as a group we are going to get some differing opionions...

One example of a criteria would be: Reliable reserve opening.

Another: Low speed reserve performance.

Another: How cute and snuggly it looks on our back!

Etc.

I love those vids BTW! Thank You Alex.

Someone should remind J.S. to use them more often,...
O'H wait a min., I think he was the one who made them!

Anyways please make the same vid with differing sized main/reserve combinations?

You point is well taken and I thank you for your efforts! Now if you could only reach the other 45,999 thousand skydivers out there!

I love downsizing threads!! Let me come to your DZ, and if you can pull off the sickest shit on your 190 and get the most performance out of it, by all means, go and dowsize. If not, you're a clown, bro. You're that guy that sucks balls at skydiving, but tries to compensate by going out and getting the smallest container possible to create the illusion that you're more experienced than you actually are. You're not fooling anyone though. I chased you all over the sky as you backslid, because your body podition looks like that of someone with advancing cerebral palsy.

>Please prove to me that the the Vector is the best.

Because he ordered one.

My first rig was the Racer. I thought that rig was THE BEST. Because, you know, all the ads about how fast the reserve opened and stuff. The velcro was a bit annoying at first, but it was a small price to pay. And the main pin protector wouldn't stay closed. And it shifted around on me in freefall. But it was still THE BEST because I wouldn't have bought a second best rig! No siree not me I'm smarter than that.

Then I got a Reflex, and realized that that rig was THE BEST. All the advantages of the Racer without that deadly RSL, and without all the Velcro! And I didn't have to hunt down a two pin Cypres. And the catapult was a great idea. Saved a few lives! Isn't your life worth the extra cost?

Then I got a second Reflex. Still thought it was THE BEST.

Then I got an Icon. Wow, this one is pretty nice too! And even less Velcro, and the riser covers worked better.

Then I got a Talon. Really well built. Should this one be THE BEST now? Fit wasn't great though. Hmm.

Then I got a Mirage. This thing was great! No Velcro, solid in freefall, adapts to a good range of canopy sizes, no problems whatsoever. I would say that this one is THE BEST but I think I'm starting to learn something about saying that over and over . . .

weaverd

Get a RACER you cant go wrong there!

I agree with you, you can't go wrong with a Racer. :)
read the "Warning" on page 20/21, now don't get me wrong I'm not bashing Vigil, I'm sayin ( I now own a Vigil) I'm saying know your ADD's peculurlarities of operation: COLD.

Most skydivers don't read the manual, and all skydivers don't know jack shit about "offsets," activation altitudes, and or firing rates or when their units shut off. (My apoligies too the 2 of you out there that do know everyting about your AAD's.)
C