Lau

Raven size for Vector 348?

I'm not sure why you would do that. Except possibly if you want to get 7 cell practice in preparation for learning BASE. A Raven 1 (181 sq ft) would likely fit. It would fit better if you had one with spectra lines, but they are well known for hard openings so if you are planning to take it to terminal velocity you may be better off with a Dacron lined one. Also be aware that if you load a Raven at more than about 1:1.2 max you will suffer from ankle stinging landings.

Ken
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Thanks for the info Ken.
I have more wingsuit base jumps than skydives and would like a seven cell with similar characteristics to my base gear for training in the skydiving environment. I have heard some positive feedback about the Raven but am open to other suggestions

Ravens do have similar characteristics to BASE canopies. That's why they are crappy for skydiving. Most of them are reserves but the older ones have attachment points to use as mains. The Raven 1 is the largest one that will fit your container. For your BASE jumps you probably use a much larger canopy. So unless you get a huge container You won't be able to simulate your BASE canopy with your skydive canopy.

My only BASE jump was 20 years ago and I used my Cruiselite which was my main at the time. 220 sq ft 7 cell. You could look for one of those, but it won't fit in your Vector, and they are all bagged out by now anyway.

If you really used want a 7 cell at a reasonable price that still lands reasonably well you might consider a Triathlon. They are a compromise canopy that is supposed to be good for everything so they end up being not particularly good at anything.

Of course my other suggestion is that you give up the dark side and join us in the relative safety of higher altitude jumping. But then you'd probably become a swooper and that's just as risky!
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.