corpkid

Orlando I-Fly tunnel instructor wanted

I did three mins today and have 5 tomorrow - I love it! I've done 3 tandem jumps, and my tunnel instructor today said I'm a natural and I was able to (from what I can tell) complete AFF 1-3 in three sessions. It's a little different in a 12x12 but I fell like I got this . That all said, my renewed excitement for the sport (the tunnel is 10 mins from my house, and 10 mins from my work, directly in between)... I need a coach. This is my sport and I want to become proficient in body flight as I find it so cathartic. Any suggestions for the Orlando area? I'm stable and able to turn and adjust decent. I am looking after maybe 30 more mins in the tunnel to actually do AFF and learn tracking, etc. I want to MASTER the basics beforehand - fair? Anyone recommend a coach? Many thanks!

Ari Perelman -professional skydiver - is as good as they come.

Thousands of hours in the tunnel he used to be (and maybe still is) an instructor for the tunnel.

Conducts monthly tunnel camps in various tunnels around the country and just happens to live in Orlando.

He competes on two teams FS which is belly to earth and VFS which is belly to the horizon (aka head down).

He is also an AFF instructor. And jumps a lot at Sebastion.

.You can Facebook him or send me a PM for his phone #.

Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

Skydivesg

Thousands of hours in the tunnel he used to be (and maybe still is) an instructor for the tunnel.

Conducts monthly tunnel camps in various tunnels around the country and just happens to live in Orlando.

He competes on two teams FS which is belly to earth and VFS which is belly to the horizon (aka head down).

He told me he is moving to Austin sometime this year though, so better hurry!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

That's true he is moving late June early July. Plenty of time to get good in the tunnel.

Skydivesg

That's true he is moving late June early July. Plenty of time to get good in the tunnel.

Yes, I am moving to Austin around June or July. I'll be in Orlando until then and I'll still be getting back to Orlando about once per month :)
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

Awesome - I'm getting in touch with Ari right away. How does the timing work? For example, let's say I broke a 30 minute block into 18x 100 second sessions, over three days (so 6x 100s x 3 days).... would I be integrated into other groups like I was last week? How much rest between sessions? I'm trying to figure out about how long I would be at the tunnel for sessions like this...

artard

Damnit I thought Orlando was hiring instructors and was about to ask where to send my resume

From talking to the guys at the tunnel, apparently it's just a matter of perfect timing to land a job there as turnover is pretty low. And what a job that would be.... :) Good luck!

Skydivesg

I'd 2nd this. On my way to my second camp with Ari this weekend.

Great instructor and a ninja in the air.