FastRodriguez

Bought my first rig :D. Any thoughts?

Wow.

When you put it that way...It scary.

I have Brian Germain's canopy downsize chart in front of me. I will have about 65 jumps in three months, when my kit is complete.
Assuming the rig i mention weighted 25 pounds, my exit weight will be somewhere around 175 pounds. In his chart, he recommends a never to exceed size of 166, so i guess im good.

In any case, I think my instructor is the one that should have the last word and he and the DZO gave the ok. I know its probably not the safest way but its not like im getting a velocity or something...I mean, its a pilot 168!!!!!! and i weight 150 pounds!!! Im the skinniest guy ever!

Thanks for your advice though, ill beware of girls with big boobs getting on my load :D

Best regards,

G.

Pilot is a good choice. The dacron will slow you down somewhat (it's a pretty big source of drag) but it should make your opening shock a lot less. It's going to have a lot of extra pack volume as well. You should get a few seasons out of it at a 1:1.1 ish load. You're not that far over the line and it's not like you're Sanji or something. Basically you want a canopy that you're comfortable landing in Grandma's back yard.

In a hundred jumps when it's getting a little boring get some good canopy coaching and start being more aggressive.[/reply

I really dont think Im being aggressive. I mean, I have asked to my DZ, talked to my instructor, some other instructors, read many posts in here, send more than a few emails to the guys at aerodyne.
I really do think I made an informed decision. I can fly this canopy for a few hundred jumps, then maybe go to a pilot 150 for a little longer and then progress to a mamba 150 when im ready. This should mean I´ll keep this container for a good three or four years depending on how much I jump.
As for the M2, I think a little competition to cypres and Vigil can only be a good thing. Not only because it will push the prices down ( which is nice), but also because it will force companies to improve their gear and better their service.
And the Dacron I chose because I am not a swooper, and I dont plan on swooping for a long time. I really dont care if my canopy flies a little slower or packs a bit bigger, I do care about keeping my back straight and healthy. I like jumping and wanna jump for a long time, and every thing that helps keeping me healthy, its a good thing I guess :)

Thank you :)
"I don´t stop when I am tired. I stop when I am done"

FastRodriguez

Morning friends :).

Took forever and ever to get here but finally I have it!! What do you guys think? Isnt it is the sexiest rig ever or what? B|

Congrats dude, I've always liked the combo of black and red. I just ordered my first canopy to go into a container that I'll be ordering soon. I went with the Pilot 188, Dacron lines and ZPX. I'm happy to hear you had a good experience with Aerodyne service.

"So many fatalities and injuries are caused by decisions jumpers make before even getting into the aircraft. Skydiving can be safe AND fun at the same time...Honest." - Bill Booth

FastRodriguez

Morning friends :).

Took forever and ever to get here but finally I have it!! What do you guys think? Isnt it is the sexiest rig ever or what? B|

That's pretty win. Funny, I just got a pretty sweet-looking rig too. If you're ever in my neck of the woods we'll have to do a photo op sometime.
Skydiving is serious business

Nice looking rig bro!

Hope you have a long happy jumping career with it. :P

Canopies must all be female. If I treat mine good, she gives me a good ride. If I slap her in the bag, she will dump me like a turd.

Courtesy of PRE7117, love that line.