c10edges

larsen and brusgaard customer service

My n3 has been in for a battery repair for.... I can't even remember. 2 months at least. Then I received an email saying

My system is showing that we have a loaner out to you, can you please update me on the status and ship it back to us right away.

... Wow.... I was amazed. They didn't even know they still had mine, clearly no communication. Sorry to be off topic.

My n3 has been in for a battery repair for.... I can't even remember. 2 months at least. Then I received an email saying

My system is showing that we have a loaner out to you, can you please update me on the status and ship it back to us right away.

... Wow.... I was amazed. They didn't even know they still had mine, clearly no communication. Sorry to be off topic.

L and B don't make the N3. Alti2 does.

They replaced my cracked 2 year old Solo II free of charge. Before that, they replaced my first one (also free of charge) after I discovered a manufacturing defect (which they acknowledged - a series of cases had been incorrectly made).
What they may lose in money in the short run, they make up for in reputation, customer satisfaction, and loyalty.
When I get a digital alti, it will be a L&B for sure.

Hate to be on the negative side of something but I'm not at all impressed with their customer support.
I went to their website to register my ALTITRACK. While there, I had a question and clicked on their "CONTACT" button.
I chose to use the email option on their contact page and left the "TO" choice at the default setting of "Larsen & Brusgaard (General)" choice.
It has been at least 2 weeks, probably closer to 3, and I have yet to receive a response of any kind from them for a simple question.

I LOVE the ALTITRACK, it is absolutely my favorite altimeter and I'm glad you guys have had a better experience with the company.
Canopies must all be female. If I treat mine good, she gives me a good ride. If I slap her in the bag, she will dump me like a turd.

Courtesy of PRE7117, love that line.

Hate to be on the negative side of something but I'm not at all impressed with their customer support.
I went to their website to register my ALTITRACK. While there, I had a question and clicked on their "CONTACT" button.
I chose to use the email option on their contact page and left the "TO" choice at the default setting of "Larsen & Brusgaard (General)" choice.
It has been at least 2 weeks, probably closer to 3, and I have yet to receive a response of any kind from them for a simple question.

I LOVE the ALTITRACK, it is absolutely my favorite altimeter and I'm glad you guys have had a better experience with the company.

in all my dealings with L&B i've spoken to Mr Larsen himself directly and never had a problem
*IF AT FIRST YOU DONT SUCCEED... SKYDIVING IS NOT FOR YOU!!!*

I sent in a broken ProTrack after 10+ years with 2500 jumps on it -- they sent me a new one ... free!

That wasn't my experience. I recently contacted them about my ProTrack which had stopped working and was told I was out of luck because it was over a year old. I was surprised given how often I hear about their legendary customer support.

I ended up buying a new one. I almost bought something from a different manufacturer out of fear of getting stuck with another paperweight if it died again in 13 months, but in the end decided I liked the ProTrack better than the competition's products. I hope I didn't make the wrong choice.
"It's amazing what you can learn while you're not talking." - Skydivesg

Send another email, something must have glitched in cyber space. I have never waited more than a day for a response. My protrack battery cover cracked, same thing, free one shipped to me within a few days. They are the best company in the sport, bar none.

I sent in a broken ProTrack after 10+ years with 2500 jumps on it -- they sent me a new one ... free!

That wasn't my experience. I recently contacted them about my ProTrack which had stopped working and was told I was out of luck because it was over a year old. I was surprised given how often I hear about their legendary customer support.

I ended up buying a new one. I almost bought something from a different manufacturer out of fear of getting stuck with another paperweight if it died again in 13 months, but in the end decided I liked the ProTrack better than the competition's products. I hope I didn't make the wrong choice.

I don't know what to tell you -- mine was TEN years old ....

steveOrino

They provide a 1 year warranty and so anything they do over the top of that is over and above their 'duty'.

It is nice that some people get freebies, but that isn't really customer service (it's marketing;)).

My limited experience is that they are very good and I'm happy with their products and service.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Some people at the DZ were telling me that they have changed their policy a bit and now if it is over a year old that they are not like they used to be..... I heard the same thing about three weeks ago at a tunnel.

All rumor, but it was the talk at the DZ/tunnel. I was shocked since they have always had exceptional service and that is most likely the only reason I remembered it.

Can't really blame them with the global economy being as it is.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

They provide a 1 year warranty and so anything they do over the top of that is over and above their 'duty'.

It is nice that some people get freebies, but that isn't really customer service (it's marketing;)).

I knew it was out of warranty and wasn't looking for a freebie. I would have been quite happy to pay for a repair. My concern was about them not being willing to repair it at all after a year. So if the one I bought to replace it dies in 13 months, I'm supposed to throw it in the garbage and buy a third one? I almost didn't buy the replacement because of that. If it happens again, I'll replace it with someone else's product.
"It's amazing what you can learn while you're not talking." - Skydivesg

I knew it was out of warranty and wasn't looking for a freebie. I would have been quite happy to pay for a repair. My concern was about them not being willing to repair it at all after a year. So if the one I bought to replace it dies in 13 months, I'm supposed to throw it in the garbage and buy a third one? I almost didn't buy the replacement because of that. If it happens again, I'll replace it with someone else's product.

Ok, I see your point of view. The sad fact with modern electronics is that it costs more to repair than replace. I guess that as they have historically set a benchmark of free replacements they have a bit of a PR management issue. Maybe they should have stopped the freebies, but adopted a policy of reduced cost replacement? I don't know I'm not a marketing person.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Thanks for the suggestion, but a company only gets to ignor me once. After that, I decide to spend my money elsewhere.

Fortunately my situation did not involve a problem, just a question.
At this point I couldn't care less if I ever get it answered. I love the Altitrack and hope to have a nice long run of use with it. If it ever dies, I'll toss it in the trash and decide what to buy to replace it.

I learned long ago that the customer ALWAYS has the last word. Any company can ignor you or not help you. But you get to decide whether to continue spending money with them or not. You also get to relate your experience, good or bad, to others.
Canopies must all be female. If I treat mine good, she gives me a good ride. If I slap her in the bag, she will dump me like a turd.

Courtesy of PRE7117, love that line.