DBCOOPER

USPA renewal

Why the hell does it take so long? I can buy anything online with a credit card and instantly my card gets charged and I get a confirmation email and what ever it is I bought shows up in a few days. A month is what it takes USPA. Rant over...
Replying to: Re: Stall On Jump Run Emergency Procedure? by billvon

If the plane is unrecoverable then exiting is a very very good idea.

DBCOOPER

Why the hell does it take so long? I can buy anything online with a credit card and instantly my card gets charged and I get a confirmation email and what ever it is I bought shows up in a few days. A month is what it takes USPA. Rant over...

Send them a telegram :D:D

Must admit the BPA office staff are superb on the turnaround of membership renewal Once got it done in 3 days by post B|

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

Same reason you can't buy a canopy online and you actually have to download this archaic thingy called an "order form" and print it, fill it out, and mail it in. The skydiving world still relies on 1980's technology for everything.
Skydiving is serious business

USPA is still working with an old database system. They are in the process of implementing a new system that will make things much easier for the members and USPA headquarters staff. This is according to USPA folks during the last board meeting.

DJ Marvin
AFF I/E, Coach/E, USPA/UPT Tandem I/E
http://www.theratingscenter.com

DBCOOPER

Next time you get the renewal paperwork, send it in that day...it usually comes like 6 weeks early, at LEAST! ;)

If everybody wouldn't wait until 5 days before it expires to think about renewing, there would be less rants...:P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

If you print out the confirmation email that you get after a normal priority online renewal, many DZs will take that as proof enough that you've done it. No need to pay the extra $20 if your DZ will accept that. You could also do the renewal at the DZ online.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Yea I hear you. But if you need an endorsement on an instructor renewal and you can't hook up with them and finally you realise your going to be out of date ....
Replying to: Re: Stall On Jump Run Emergency Procedure? by billvon

If the plane is unrecoverable then exiting is a very very good idea.

-Joey-

Same reason you can't buy a canopy online and you actually have to download this archaic thingy called an "order form" and print it, fill it out, and mail it in. The skydiving world still relies on 1980's technology for everything.

I bought both of my current canopies online without downloading an order form. ;)

Also, I don't have to renew my membership. I've got my gold card. :)

Just gotta renew any ratings I want to keep for the next year.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I just did mine last minute and got my card within 10 days. I did scan/email my forms to the membership department, so that may have something to do with it.
We're not fucking flying airplanes are we, no we're flying a glorified kite with no power and it should be flown like one! - Stratostar

I'm curious... The expiration date on my USPA License card says 07/31/2013. Does this mean I still must renew it now?
"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way." -Alan Watts

You don't ever have to renew. If you want continuous membership you have to renew by 7/31/13. If you wait until the last minute and then send it in, well, if you want to go somewhere and jump on 8/2, there is no guarantee it will be processed by then.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

It happens the same time every year, 365 days from the last time it happened. You could put it on a calendar, or sync it with your birthday/anniversary, do it at Safety Day every year (what I do), set it up where you send it in Jan 1, etc.

If you can remember your anniversary date, or your birthday, or to send a birthday card, it's not that difficult. It's like a reserve repack. I've never understood why people miss the date, especially working skydivers. Make a google alert or something that reminds you 3 weeks, 2 weeks and 1 week ahead of time.

PPPPP.

I get mine processed same day, because I am a bubble head and normally procrastinate on getting it done until the Friday before the weekend that I actually need it done by.

Pretty cool when they email it back in an hour or two.

I am happy to pay the expedite fee, it is a procrastinator tax and a business expense, but I should just send it in earlier next time. :$:S

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

normiss

"Make a google alert or something that reminds you 3 weeks, 2 weeks and 1 week ahead of time. "

Or just use the THREE MAILINGS the USPA sends you, in advance, giving repeated reminders that expiration is approaching.

:P

They certainly give you plenty of time to practice forging signatures don't they! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Also considered sufficient time to piss off any S&TA's you abuse for the real ones.
Repeatedly.

Just don't ever back yourself in a corner with the PRO rating renewal when demos are close to the same time.
It can become pretty interesting to see how insurance companies and USPA respond and work together in a timely responsive fashion.
Or not.
:P

This is according to USPA folks during the last board meeting.

...the transcript of which will be available once they finish transcribing the handwritten shorthand notes via IBM Selectric typewriter, then run off the copies on the hand-cranked ditto machine.