Anvilbrother

Are stock PD canopies built ready to go?

I don't see much crap laying around but I do not anyone, in the 2nd photo, actually working at a machine.

You are right Jerry. But if you look close there is a dozen Sliver Sterling Roses. Hell of a place to hold a wedding.:P

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I don't know if it's a wedding, but someone got flowers at work for sure. Short of a birthday cake, there's no better way to halt productivity in a workplace than for someone to get flowers. They're like an attention magnet, people just sit and stare.

I don't know if it's a wedding, but someone got flowers at work for sure. Short of a birthday cake, there's no better way to halt productivity in a workplace than for someone to get flowers. They're like an attention magnet, people just sit and stare.

Pictures are from the following blog post. Photos are on the PD blog.

March 14, 2011
Celebrating 20 years of service at Performance Designs

This afternoon the company gathered on the factory floor to celebrate another milestone. Sandy Sweeney reached her 20th anniversary of working at PD. Twenty years ago the company had just moved to DeLand and the building was 1/2 the size it is today. Rags was production manager and Sandy was working in the bottom seam department. She recalled the days of sewing with no shoes because that's what skydivers did! The first laser table was in being built and she remembered how the whole dropzone came over to help move the monstrous table to the back of the building when its fabrication was complete. Through the years she's worked in just about every area of production, maintenance, and quality here at PD.

Thank you Sandy for your dedication to our sport, and PD. We're happy to have you as part of the Performance Designs family.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Boo, I got a stock Navigator 280 the slider is probably what the hold up is, the stock slider is not collapsible so I bought one that is.

They wont trade out one that collapses or install draw strings on the stock one, so now I have 2 sliders. Ooh well I waited 2 months for a new rig, what is another month for a canopy[:/]

Wish I had known I would have gotten the canopy sent now and used the stock slider, and had the collapsible one sent later even if I had to pay double shipping.

Um, do you really think a collapsable slider will help on a 280 ?

Life is short ... jump often.

you want to have a stop work meeting..
Take in a new born baby, fook me, they SWARM on them:D:D
AND they all start talking gibberish and in higher pitched voices than normal
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I wanted to see around and above me easier and hear better when scanning for traffic, and that's the only reason I wanted one. No I don't think it would make a difference on a 280, but would make a good safety addition even tho it takes a second to collapse it.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Also just FYI stock canopies that are on the website list are ready to go. If you order anything custom extra and need the stock canopy now make sure to request it shipped then and not held for a complete order. Mine should be here Thursday :)

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

I wanted to see around and above me easier and hear better when scanning for traffic, and that's the only reason I wanted one. No I don't think it would make a difference on a 280, but would make a good safety addition even tho it takes a second to collapse it.

Good Point

Um, do you really think a collapsable slider will help on a 280 ?

Unless you pull your slider down past your links, slider flapping accelerates the wear on the lines just above the links. This was one of the original reasons for collapsable sliders (and noise abatement), and they came out long before anyone considered them (or was looking for) performance enhancement.

Surprised you didn't know that, what with your experience and time in the sport. Guess not, huh?

Really think a collapsable slider won't help on the new Sigma tandem rigs (much bigger than a 280)? Bill Booth seems to think it will....

I don't collapse my slider, and obviously I dont pull it down below the connector links. My lines have never fraid or worn differently above the connector links. I pay close attention to my lines, and all my gear. Of corse all lines wear out eventually, but that's what new line sets are for. Can you give me a reference in the SIM on this subject. I know you can. Please post. Thanks.

Can you give me a reference in the SIM on this subject. I know you can.

You have me confused with someone who provides links and references to support my posts. Either you believe me or you don't, I couldn't care less.

Beyond that, the SIM is far from a 'complete' guide to skydiving, it's more like an outline of the world of skydiving according to the USPA. It's far from a definitive resource for rigging, and if that's where you're looking for rigging info, you're going to be under-informed.

you want to have a stop work meeting..
Take in a new born baby, fook me, they SWARM on them:D:D
AND they all start talking gibberish and in higher pitched voices than normal

I like to send flowers to my wife at work. Not so much for her, but it gets the other husbands in trouble and they don't ever find out why.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

It's not that I don't believe you Dave. It probably is a good reason to bring your slider down below the connector links. I have not ever noticed fraying or fluffing of the lines in that area. Nothing to argue over, or get mad about, right ?

It's not that I don't believe you Dave. It probably is a good reason to bring your slider down below the connector links. I have not ever noticed fraying or fluffing of the lines in that area. Nothing to argue over, or get mad about, right ?

If you have unprotected softlinks, the slider sit on the softlinks and will damage them.
That is why you will find those small black protector"things" in the package with the softlinks. If you have metal links, normaly they are covered with a plastic protection. They will protect you lines from the slider.

Once again the moderators here have chosen to delete a bunch of perfectly innocent messages. So now it's time for some payback once again. Tsk tsk. It's too bad they continue this program of self-induced punishment. It would be so easy if they just left those innocent messages alone, and public. But, when they fucka wit me, I fucka wit them. So here we go again.