darkwing

Survey about skydiving for student project

Dudes and Dudettes,

I post this at the request of a college faculty member overseeing a student research project. Your response to the survey will be greatly appreciated...

****** Begin Plea ****
I am contacting you because I am desperately trying to locate respondents for a research project which one of my students is conducting. He is looking at the characteristics of people who participate in specific sports. This study specifically needs respondents who engage in one or more of the following sports: scuba diving, skydiving and/or mountaineering. We are hoping that you and/ or members of your organization can assist us. We are having a great deal of difficulty locating enough respondents for him to conduct statistical analysis. The questionnaire is available online. Pretests indicate that it only takes about 5 minutes to complete. The respondents need only follow this link and submit their input.

http://csob.berry.edu/faculty/nmiller/sports_survey.htm

We would be happy to share the aggregated results with your group if they participate. I am more than happy to build a method to collect the names of people who complete the surveys to allow you to assign points or credit if you so request.

Needless to say, this project is only for academic purposes. The student plans to present these results at the National Sports Marketing Association conference and to submit the manuscript to the readings book associated with the conference. None of the data will be used for commercial purposes. Not individual will be identified in the results.

Please feel free to visit my website to learn more about me and my research at http://csob.berry.edu/faculty/nmiller/ Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions ([email protected] or 706-238-5891)

Thank you so much for your consideration, Nancy

Nancy D. Albers- Miller
Associate Professor
Berry College
Campbell School of Business
P. O. Box 495024
Mount Berry GA 30149-5024
(706) 238-5891
Fax (706) 238-7854

Did it.

I'm wondering what conclusions the student is trying to find out. From the limited nature of the questions it would appear that they are leaning in a particular direction with very little space for an alternative to be found in the results. Not saying they're wrong, just that some of the questions didnt map well to reality.

TV's got them images, TV's got them all, nothing's shocking.

Did it.

I'm wondering what conclusions the student is trying to find out. From the limited nature of the questions it would appear that they are leaning in a particular direction with very little space for an alternative to be found in the results. Not saying they're wrong, just that some of the questions didnt map well to reality.

So is the question..."are all skydivers crazy risk-takers who leap before they look?"
(punny):D

:)in rep 2..'From the limited nature of the questions it would appear that they are leaning in a particular direction with very little space for an alternative to be found in the results"

Looked a bit like a smallish loop between trust, risky behaviour and self reflection with the availability of cash being the stinger.
...some backtracking into trusting staff issues and reckless behaviour tendencies.
I found that as the quiz went on it encouraged me to give more and more neutral answers.

The conclusion/reason? perhaps they're trying to work out why we risk our lives doing something for fun.;)