casey

Extreme Sports Survey

Hi everyone,

I am Casey Findley I am former skydiver and a graduate student at Auburn University Montgomery (AUM). I am doing research and writing papers on extreme sports. I have a survey going right now online. I have people from several different extreme sports, but I need some skydiver representation. SO, would you guys (& gals) please take my survey? Here is the link:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=919472106051

You might have to copy and paste it.

I really appreciate your help. Blues Skies to All.
Casey

You'll probably find better representation if you don't call it "eXtreme" as most serious participants despise the label. It has something to do with annoying surfer talk and Mt. Dew commercials, the whole marketing thing. See Extreme Bullshit.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

there's a serious flaw starting with page 1 when you have a choice of:

I've done it more than once and
I love it and do it as much as I can

How do you place a item like scuba where I've logged nearly 400 dives, yet only a couple in the past year? Clearly not doing it as much as I can. Same for an annual rafting trip.

And then the typos and oddly phrased stuff...I lost patience at page 3 and went elsewhere. Sorry, man.

You'll probably find better representation if you don't call it "eXtreme" as most serious participants despise the label. It has something to do with annoying surfer talk and Mt. Dew commercials

What are talking about, are you saying jumping outa planes is not an extreme action, but sitting on a plank of wood in in water is, who has more right to to extreme word thing.

just a question :|

You'll probably find better representation if you don't call it "eXtreme" as most serious participants despise the label. It has something to do with annoying surfer talk and Mt. Dew commercials

What are talking about, are you saying jumping outa planes is not an extreme action, but sitting on a plank of wood in in water is, who has more right to to extreme word thing.

just a question :|

I agree with the guy who said to drop the "eXtreme" label.

It's like labeling yourself "Immature".

I totally didn't understand the "do you identify yourself with" questions.

Like the whole boat in the middle of the Colorado river question. Like would I ever see myself there(sure) vs do I feel like this in my life(never).

Thanks to everyone who has taken the survey. I appreciate the words of encouragement from some of you. I will be happy to share the results after we have finished doing the analysis. Anyone who is interested can email me at [email protected]. It will be a couple of months before they are ready though.
Blue Skies!
Casey