Mr17Hz

*new* Annual Skydiving Survey (your help is requested!)

this is change and like all things change will bring resistance. i would be more than willing to feel out this survey to help this sport. i don't believe anything should be mandatory beside an chute and alti. and the alti could be debated. this could be a way to put the facts out to the public in a form they understand. and as to only 19% guranteed to be able to fill it out, i have found a higher level of education at the dropzone than most other places or circles i have traveled in my life.

Chance that you are going to get enough participants taking more than 10 minutes to do a survey to draw reasonable conclusions: not very good I think.

You are going to run into this a lot. Remember that you are dealing with skydivers. Most have the attention span of a 3 year old.:)

Yeah! What Mikey said!!! You've heard the differenece between a skydiver and a pig... right... anyway... what were we talking about... hey! ... anyone want to go ride bikes?

Um, Anyway...

Mr17Hz,

Sounds like an interesting project, but... sorry if I missed it in your lengthy posts up-thread... but what / why are you trying to answer these "questions"? Same thing, different words, my first blush on your project is you're trying to answer a "question" no one asked?? ... what did I miss?

I would do it. 30 min to 90 min...no problem. I waste that much time reading peoples opinions on all sorts of stupid shit. As our Canadian friend hotly relied I would be afraid, as always, of people applying statistics to the individual, I want the information so I would participate.
Faith in a holy cause is to a considerable extent a substitute for lost faith in ourselves.
-Eric Hoffer -
Check out these Videos

and as to only 19% guranteed to be able to fill it out, i have found a higher level of education at the dropzone than most other places or circles i have traveled in my life.

The 19% figure I posted had nothing to do with education or lack thereof. It had to do with the probability that somebody would have (or have access to) a computer with an Internet connection. Having a computer or access to one is becoming much more common, but I still think it's true that everything else being equal, younger people are more likely to have such access than older people.

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

The ENTIRE idea of a survey is to gather facts and opinions. Some of the questions the survey asks will reflect facts (What equipment do you jump, how many years in the sport, etc.). Some of the questions will represent opinion (Do *you* jump with an AAD?, Do you feel that a dropzone business owner has the right to REQUIRE you to jump with an AAD?, ect.)

It will be more productive if you understand the difference between fact and opinion before you publish your survey.