McDange

Tandem jump whilst a student question

Howdy DZ.com posters,

Thought best to test the water here first. I'm currently doing the static line training course (currently on dummy pulls, 6 jumps done) and am planning to do a tandem jump in Las Vegas in a few weeks. My question is - is it acceptable code / etiquette to ask them if they can make my tandem a bit more of a training jump as it's not simply a tick on a bucket list? I'm not entirely sure how they would accommodate this, but any words of wisdom would be appreciated :)

Cheers!

Better yet, explicitly ask manifest before you even pay for the jump. That way, you have the choice to walk out if they don't want it, and instead treat you like any other bucket-list-completer.

Also, some tandem masters may not want it. By asking manifest ahead of time, they can assign you to a tandem master that IS enthousiastic in making it more of a training jump.

My experience was that when told upfront, the TI is more than glad to make it more than a thrill ride. It gives them a chance to be Tandem INSTRUCTOR rather than just trying to get a passenger to the ground. My TI drilled me on altitude awareness and practice touches very thoroughly and made a good detailed entry in my logbook. It was a valuable rentry into skydiving. Thanks Paul.

IJskonijn

Better yet,...

Even better...call the DZ first to ask.
Pain in the butt it get there and find your answer is, "No."
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

popsjumper

***Better yet,...

Even better...call the DZ first to ask.
Pain in the butt it get there and find your answer is, "No."

Yah, but there's great satisfaction in taking your two hundred bucks and walking out the door. "Ok then, there's gotta be another DZ nearby? Have a nice day."

The truth be told, most DZ's will go out of their way to accomodate you. At least, that's been my experience. B|
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."