-Joey-

Best open-faced helmet for mounting a contour?

I have a Contour ROAM and am about to reach the point where my DZ will let me start camera flying so I'd like to find the perfect solution for mounting a contour. Preferably something where I don't have to fudge some makeshift solution.

I know Cookie makes a good Contour mount accessory (http://www.flycookie.com/shop/Accessories/93/index.htm) but it seems to be specifically designed for their full-faced G2 and G3. I can't seem to figure out how to decipher their labyrinth of mounts, flatlocks, and whatchamagizmos that you can order with their open-faced helmets and what exactly I need to order with say an ozone or rok or something to be able to used their contour mount.

(I did find this helmet from Bonehead (http://www.boneheadcomposites.com/m8/208--versa-military-and-aviation-helmet.html) that looks like it has a contour mount on it, but I don't really like that helmet style and would much prefer Cookie...)
Skydiving is serious business

Ohh too bad. Just got done my months work and I saw your post. I too have been searching for an open face helmet I can use (love my G3 for PFF with the Contour) and after searching all winter I finally found this,

SkyShot

Attached are some pictures but the real bonus I love is that this is a smooth design. No looking like a dork with that Dork-Pro massive snag point square block system like a post on the top of your head. This helmet also has a proper cut away system like EVERY camera helmet should.

goobersnuftda

Ohh too bad. Just got done my months work and I saw your post. I too have been searching for an open face helmet I can use (love my G3 for PFF with the Contour) and after searching all winter I finally found this,

SkyShot

Attached are some pictures but the real bonus I love is that this is a smooth design. No looking like a dork with that Dork-Pro massive snag point square block system like a post on the top of your head. This helmet also has a proper cut away system like EVERY camera helmet should.

Aww I wish I had seen that earlier and it's even on the top = better IMO.

But the one upside to the fuel is that I had them put a mount on both sides, so if I get a second contour I can make 3D videos.
Skydiving is serious business

Aww I wish I had seen that earlier and it's even on the top = better IMO.

But the one upside to the fuel is that I had them put a mount on both sides, so if I get a second contour I can make 3D videos.

Not likely. Interaxial distance is too wide, and more likely is that the lenses won't be exactly centered. It'll give people a headache to watch. It'll look pretty B| tho (aside from the right-side snag concern).

-Joey-

I can center them with a laser :) I would just point them both at a far away wall and make sure the lasers are on the same horizontal. The wideness may be a problem with closeups though...

i love this guy, hes got an answer for everything. i wish i was as good as him when i started jumping
Jump more, Bitch less.

goobersnuftda

SkyShot

nicer set up -

you can reduce even more hazard by dressing the edges of the mount to the helmet with gaffers tape (yes, it's already very nice, but the closer you get to a molded total shape the better). That would pretty much only leave the minor lens overhang with the narrow slot under the cam.

it's heartening to see more and more mount options that mold to the shape of the helmet better

mine's a bit more involved, but you can see where I taped the joint of the camera casing/helmet - just to eliminate that open seam - one simple cheap adder. My snags remain the ringsite and the flat still mount plate (though the plate does reduce snag on the video cam lens). when the still is mounted, it becomes a snag itself.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants