fell4skydiving

How old were you?

quite different for Me...:)
I had just turned 19, and was in college

I went to a state college, so tuition AND room & board expenses had not YET gotten out of hand.....AND skydiving was pretty inexpensive...
I had been working summers and vacations since I was 16,, actually FOURteen.....so I had SOME disposable income..
( and we ALL know, that skydiving is a fine place to DISPOSE of it..) B|;)

At the time , all there was,,,,, was static line and my first SIX jumps, including gear, training, and lift tickets, cost me 96 dollars !!! :DB| no joke.. 50 bucks for # 1 then 10 dollars each for the next 4 SLs and SIX bucks for # 1 freefall.... it was 1972

Still active,,, and always have been... BUT todays economy might have easily discouraged me.... had I waited, and come up with the current training options, gear, curriculum, and related costs...
VERY glad of 2 things... That I started when I DID,, and that I can still enjoy our sport...:)

jmy
A 3914
D 12122

I can count at least 5 who were in their late 40's early 50's when they started. One of them amassed >3,000 jumps in about 7 years and is an AFF/T/I still kickin it at close to 60.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

I will be turning 33 in about 2 weeks. I did a tandem jump for the first time 2/15 and fell in love with the feeling of freefall so I signed up for AFF and did my first student jump 3/16.. I've completed through level 4 and plan on completing 5 and 6 this weekend <--- excited, yes!! I'm just curious about how many others have started this sport past the 30 mark. :)

Hi! My AFF was a birthday gift at a vigorating age of 36.

By the way, might i interest you in perhaps a date?

My first jump was AFF and I was 19. The training was paid for by me, at the time a young apprentice. No rich parents paying my way or putting me in a tunnel... nt that I'm jealous or anything ;)

... but then I stopped jumping as I couldn't afford it anymore on a measly wage. Couldn't jump often enough to progress.

Now I'm earning more and after a break of 6-7 years the sky has been calling my name louder aand louder as every year has passed and so I'm coming back this year!

Renewed my membership, ordered a new container, booked 2 weeks off work and flights for a skydiving holiday later in the year.

First tandem at 32, started AFF at 35. I just turned 36 and might do my AFF-7 grad jump this weekend if all goes well. Lots of folks at my DZ in their 20's with tons of jumps, lots of folks way older than me too. I think it might just be a matter of whenever the sport "calls you".

I will be turning 33 in about 2 weeks. I did a tandem jump for the first time 2/15 and fell in love with the feeling of freefall so I signed up for AFF and did my first student jump 3/16.. I've completed through level 4 and plan on completing 5 and 6 this weekend <--- excited, yes!! I'm just curious about how many others have started this sport past the 30 mark. :)

I was 33. Sometimes I wish I'd started right at 18, or even 21. But then I look back at how I was, and I probably would have killed myself doing something dumb.
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

I'm the same as Jimmytavino & Twardo -- started early, except I took some time (13 years) off in the middle. But it was cheaper when we started, and I earned a large proportion of my early jumps, either rigging or instructing.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

22yo when I did my first tandem. Always wanted to get into the sport, but never had enough cash until this year. Started my AFF about a month ago and finished last weekend. Now I'm at 14 jumps, hoping to have my 'A' license by June. (I'm 27 now.)