daleskydive

129 in a vector 3 319

The charts are a fine starting point, but I have older versions of their charts which have different recommendations for the same containers and canopy combinations. What changed?

And with some combinations and packing techniques, the fit will vary. Obviously, it's best to stay within the recommendations. But putting different demo canopies in my rig over the years has provided some surprises.

Just cause some idiot manages to cram a canopy into a container, doesn't mean it is a compatible fit.

You don't really want to discover that it has boxed your reserve in so tight it can't extract when your at 1200ft;) as an example of a potential problem.

Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

nigel99

Just cause some idiot manages to cram a canopy into a container, doesn't mean it is a compatible fit.

You don't really want to discover that it has boxed your reserve in so tight it can't extract when your at 1200ft;) as an example of a potential problem.

I sure hope i don't have my canopy coming out at 12,000ft !

NeonLights

***Just cause some idiot manages to cram a canopy into a container, doesn't mean it is a compatible fit.

I sure hope i don't have my canopy coming out at 12,000ft !

Divide by 10:P. Also just to clarify I'm not a rigger and my example is simply based on anecdotal comments by people investigating the current trend of 'slow' reserve deployments.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.