sky-pimp

Who did ya say first ??

Doesnt Langer Go FF before RW??

Most places I have been to have RW before FF
Kellands explanation is about the most understandable that I have seen/read.....

Now ....Tandems going first at Empuria.......hmmm there is a logical reason, but it still doesnt look right !!

I've heard Milko (AFF instructor, TI, all round good guy at Langar) discussing the merits of both strategies. I'm sure he said that when FF first started they weren't sure what to do with exit order so they sent them out first which is an order which has kind of stuck. He can see the merits of both orders so maybe one day it will change at Langar.

>what is the merit of FF out first?

If the FFers all pull low, and the RWers all pull higher, and no one has a long snivel or cutaway, and no one loses track of altitude, then you get vertical separation. Since the above are often not true it is an unreliable means of ensuring separation.

>If the FFers all pull low, and the RWers all pull higher,***

But Bill in real life RW's break off lower and generally pull lower than FF. What separation? Oh ya I learned that the hard way long ago. I also learned that as long as a FF is open under 3,500 ft and is flying under canopy directly under the center of an 8 way RW in freefall. The 8way would miss the FF'rs open canopy, resulting in a spectacular show for the FF'er!