grue

"Tandem bounty", aka free slot for bringing a tandem. Does your DZ do it?

grue

Just curious to see how widespread that is. Most of the DZs I've jumped at do it, but not sure if that's luck or if it's really a fairly universal thing.

They do it at my DZ, but it isn't 1:1. I think you have to bring in 2 tandems to get a free jump. There's a stamp card.

"So many fatalities and injuries are caused by decisions jumpers make before even getting into the aircraft. Skydiving can be safe AND fun at the same time...Honest." - Bill Booth

mircan

We do it. But you only get 5k slot. With our jump ticket prices, profit margin is too thin for full alti ticket.

Tandem bounty or not bringing business to the dz is a good way to make nice with the DZO.

On the flip side bringing fat smelly male tandem students that are an ounce or two below the weight limit is a good way to make frenemies with your local tandem instructors. :o:ph34r::)
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I've seen DZ's do that all the way back to static line days. It's cool if your DZ does, but the ones I jump at don't. I think it's only if the DZ really needs that much more business that it would make sense to offer it.

We seem to have enough business just walking in the front door. :)

Mine does not. I agree with the narrow profit margin comment, that probably has something to do with it. It's really good for the sport though if you think about it, those I've brought in for tandems post on facebook and tell their friends, and that plants a little seed. A small percentage of those seeds germinate, etc., etc.