l_ek0

Botched a T2 dive

Completely botched a T2 dive. Got my circle and practice touches all mixed up. Did a practice touch instead of pulling at 5,500 feet. TM had to pull at 5,000 feet. In a very nice I was told I needed at least another T2 jump before doing AFF. Anyone gone through anything like this or mix things up on AFF1. Any advice on working through this will be most appreciated.

Heh, my early AFF jumps were a litany of failures. I didn't do any tandems beforehand, though. I don't think anyone makes it through without failing one or two (Well, maybe THIS guy, but he's a tunnel instructor.)

Your AFF performance is not a good predictor of the rest of your skydiving career so don't get too freaked out with it. Try to relax and have fun with it. And get some video! Then you can look back at it in a year and be like, "heh."
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

Got my circle and practice touches all mixed up. Did a practice touch instead of pulling at 5,500 feet.

Maybe some additional time spent on the dive flow/dirt dive might have helped to make the sequence a little more 'natural' for you.

You should be able to go through the sequence, in real time, without hesitation several times on the ground before you board the plane. Your instructor should also have you recite the dive flow at least once on the ride up.

The dive flow is not a tough thing to grasp, it's a simple order-of-operations, and it just takes time and effort to have it memorized. Keep in mind that you're going to be needing it during a 'higher stress' situation, so you need to make sure that you know it better than you would, say, directions to a store.