JollyJelly

European Dropzones

Hi guys:)

Me and a mate are looking to do an AFF course as soon as possible. We've saved up enough money and are both desperate to get started. However we rang up our nearest DZ and they're fully booked until September. I even asked if we could just turn up to hang around and maybe do a packing course or something but apparently they're only done in conjunction with the AFF or something. The weather's pretty shit here anyway, so an AFF would take a while.

So we want to do it abroad, I first thought Empuria since I used to hang around on that dropzone when I was really young in the late 90's. But they're prices are pretty steep [:/]

I'm now thinking somewhere in the South of France, so any recommendations on dropzones that do AFF with good prices in France? Or any recommendations on any European dropzones at all that cater well for AFF students?

Also, maybe a silly question but would we be getting BPA licenses or the european equivalent if we do the course on the continent?

In France, AFF is very rare. We are doing something similar called PAC (which is the translation of AFF but the content is different, the method is more adaptative). You can learn that way. I think your licences will be recognized by the BPA (but it needs to be checked with BPA).
There is at least one DZ who is teaching AFF :
http://www.air65-parachutisme.com/
ça passe ou ça frotte

Jolly

Welcome...

In the Uk try Langar skydivelangar.co.uk and Hinton skydive.co.uk - they could both fiot you in for AFF.

The PAC course in France is slightly more basic (You tube PAC royan skydive) than AFF but I have seen many students do well learning it.

Have a look at Skydive Royan website is
http://www.europhenix17.fr/

They run PAC courses from duck til dawn and they have a Belgian instructor who is fluent in English. Its easy to get to and next to a beach and campsite.

PM me if you need more information . I will be in Royan for a month from late July.