biscuit_dave

brit planning U.S. road trip for summer 2013

Hi all, as the title indicates i'm planning a road trip this summer starting early june for 8-10 weeks. i'll be starting at Techumseh, mainly as my aunt & uncle live there & there's a DZ. i'm intending to buy a van & drive south to Perris for the 4th of july stopping off at Dz's on route.
any help, advice, recommendations, invites and ideas etc would be very welcome.

ta muchly in advance

Have a blast and make sure you say hello while at Tecumseh. Midwest Freefall also in Michigan is always fun, Skydive Chicago is amazing, and I have had nothing but good times at Start Skydiving in Ohio also.

Feel free to shoot me a pm if you have specific questions, look forward to sharing the sky with you:)

PM meatbomb. He's done two trips, North West to Florida and then a year or two later North East to Cali. Each time passing through the centre of the skydiving universe that is the Lincoln Sport Parachute Club for a game of paragolf and going via pretty much every other DZ on the way. He might be happy to help with some useful tips.

biscuit_dave

due to work timings have slipped, now looking at late july/aug/sept.
therefore, chicago & the prairie could well be on!

Make sure you have good insurance cover for jumping to cover you bud have fun :)

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

biscuit_dave

due to work timings have slipped, now looking at late july/aug/sept.
therefore, chicago & the prairie could well be on!

If it slips another month then you could take in West Virginia and stop off at Bridge Day in October. :)
It's about 10 years since I visited Tecumseh, but I had a great time there. Nice, well-run DZ and good, friendly people. Enjoy!

biscuit_dave

it's quite possible as i believe us foreigners get a 3 month tourist visa

Take a day trip to Mexico. Renews your visa for another 3 months I think. Or better yet drive down to Puerto Nuevo and have a lobster dinner. Make sure to hit Skydive San Diego and Tsunami Skydivers in Oceanside California. Rich at Tsunami Skydivers will probably be doing beach jumps around the 4th of July. Skydiving on the beach in San Diego. Doesn't get better than that.