Toddnkaya1

% of tandem to AFF?

just a guess....but IF they did the T 1 out of a Cessna, i'd say UNDER 5 % :o[:/]... and that would be for Starting AFF...EARNING an A License..??? the number will be Lower... imho.

IF the T1 was out of a turbine.... and IF the AFF will be out of a turbine... then maybe the numbers go UP a little.

BUT just guessing.... It would be interesting to see some actual, accurate numbers from DZOs and or manifest staff....because my reply (admittedly ) is just a guess....;)

jmy
:)

jimmytavino

just a guess....but IF they did the T 1 out of a Cessna, i'd say UNDER 5 % :o[:/]jmy
:)

Well, now let's flip the question: Nowadays, what percentage of AFF students - say, in the US during year 2013 - will likely have made at least one tandem jump prior to their AFF-1 jump?

I was thinking the exact same thing. I think it would be more reasonable to assume that at least 80% of all AFF students have taken part in a tandem jump prior to their FJC. If you include Army Airborne static line jumps, the number could increase even more.

Finding out what percentage of tandem students actually enroll and attend their AFF1 FJC could be very difficult and time consuming to extrapolate.

In my travels recently it seems like fewer and fewer DZs are offering the AFF1 with two instructors straight off the bat. Most do the tandem progression thing. I think weve all been on the x or in manifest with tandems that have just jumped and want to go again and "are signing up to do AFF". I rarely see those faces again or perhaps they did research and found a place actually closer to them.

I have also seen a decline in tandems that are treated like students and moreso them just going for a joy ride. Perhaps that what the customer wants anyway. It's more of a cattle drive to sign 'em up, line 'em up, and jump with very little engagement.