Whamie

Purchased my first...

NWFlyer

:D:D:D:D

What did you order?

Hullo NWFlyers.
Opps! I forgot it's my first so I need to buy some beer for everyone and for my local shop. If ya'll are at Perris this Friday and Saturday i'll be bringing in the cases.

I decided on the Vector...I know, i know, but I hope this doesn't turn into a brand vs brand war :D

But I wanted to go with a Vector for several reasons.
1. I knew the turnaround time would have been 32-34 weeks because i checked their website. But at the same time, I wanted to take that 32-34 week advantage to refine my canopy skills. So my target is 150-200 jumps by the time the rig arrives.
2. I looked high and low (pun intended?) on the classified and craig's list for a year but could not find a rig that was sized for me for the canopy i wanted to fly. So i went ahead and ordered rig that would fit me yet have a container to fit a 190 with the option to downsize later to a 170.
3. Since i'm a unique size, if i decide to resell the rig and go with something smaller then i think it would hold it's value for those other unique sized people that want a good rig but still want to fly a conservative WL.

what do you think? :)

Damn, that is a hell of a wait.

I was in a similar situation to you, I'm not sized like a "normal skydiver" and ended up buying a new custom container sized for a canopy 1 size smaller than I was going to put in it at first (after talking to the manufacturer to make sure it'd safe. He said it'd be tight but safe. He didn't mention his definition of "tight" is like "fitting a cow into a briefcase" :P)

If I ever sell the rig, and I can't imagine why I ever would, I'm sure there's some tall focker out there who'll be happy to buy it when the time comes.
cavete terrae.