FlyingRhenquest

First Jump on Ninja Shoes

Yes, definitely bold. I remember first time seeing it from a distance and thinking damn that looks like guys hanging onto a bamboo lattice on that skyscraper. Got closer and yes that's exactly what they do. Not even double layer, so you can lay planks and have walkways. A lot of deaths/injuries though; unfortunately they have the mindset of "disposable" workers.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

Having broke 3 bones in my foot on a not so impressive landing, with shoes that had no sole support what so ever, I highly recommend giving strong consideration in the footwear you chose to sport. Nothing worse than looking like a chump, and getting injured in the process.

FlyingRhenquest

They give me more control for things like climbing.

What exactly do you climb? My business requires lots of climbing (fireplace installations) but we use ladders. I could see those being good on a roof if you didn't have the split toe, but as they are they look like more of a fall hazard than anything...and ridiculously stupid to boot. No pun intended.;)

airtwardo

***eh,,how about it..is there anything more gay ? B|

Pink fuzzy bunny rabbit bedroom slippers...but only marginally. ;)
I would so wear those BEFORE the ninja slippers:ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

...and why most don't any more.

To the OP: making fun of your shoes aside, the reason that people don't jump tabi is because they're not a good idea for skydiving. They provide little to no sole support, and importantly the separated toe is an invitation to breaking it on landing.

Think rock, clump of grass, twig, rabbit hole, small bump.

On landing your feet are often travelling across the surface at 20 miles an hour (without even considering swoops), having anything snaggable is dangerous.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

FlyingRhenquest

I can't walk around on the outside of the plane with ninja shoes!

Damn - I thought these things were going to be the key to some awesome exits shots as I hang from the wing by my feet.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Lost a shoe on exit on Saturday, and the temperature contrast tracking off with one bootie and one shoeless foot was deeply weird.

Best bit was a late diver on the same jump going past my shoe in freefall and momentarily losing her train of thought going, "WTF?"
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?