xijonix

What was your "next" Canopy?

GLIDEANGLE

Ask me next week.... PD will be at the Skydive Dallas American Revolution boogie this weekend. They will have lots of demo canopies for me to try.... On my list:

Smaller Spectre (Currently jump a Spectre)
Pulse

I heard rumors of a helicopter being at the boogie - do you know if this is true?

EDIT - My progression:

PD 230 & PD 210 - Jumps 1 - 40
Sabre 2 190 - Jumps 41 - 162
Samurai 170 - Jumps 163 - 314

My WL is roughly 1:25 and IF I downsize it will be another Samurai but I have no need to downsize for another 200 - 300 jumps. I love the airlock design so flying in turbulence is much nicer - no more accordion canopy. I've done CRW and I've brought it home from some dirty long spots.

Started jumping a Safire 2 189 in 2002 and when I came back from my lay off I went with what I knew and bought another Safire 2 189.

When I buy a new canopy it will be a Safire 2 169. After that perhaps a Crossfire 2 169 (if I ever decide I want to step in the the full elliptical world).
"I once met three guys named pain, suffering and sacrafice. Now were inseperable, were best friends."

-Lance Armstrong

While still being a new skydiver only a 100 jumps so far and still so much to learn I feel that small steps should be taken when it comes to downsizing. And with still needing to learn other part of the sport such as freeflying or RW that it when it come time to put my feet back on the ground I like to take it slow.

DERPY

While still being a new skydiver only a 100 jumps so far and still so much to learn I feel that small steps should be taken when it comes to downsizing. And with still needing to learn other part of the sport such as freeflying or RW that it when it come time to put my feet back on the ground I like to take it slow.

I think he means why are you looking at putting ONLY 100 jumps on the canopy
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

After jumping DZ student gear, I bought a PD 190 F-111, No idea how many jumps I did on it, I went to a spectre 170. I then started working at the DZ. I put a few hundred jumps on it, then started using other people 150's and went to a Sbare 2 135. Then I went to a Stiletto 107, have about 600+ jumps on it. After a break from the sport I am on a Crossfire 2 119 and probably will eventually upsize as I get a bit older, but won't go down smaller than this. Before going to the 107 I used other peoples gear to by pass a 120. Working there instructors let me use there gear. I did video they did tandems.

Not counting the old days (28 ft. cheapo > MkI Paracommander > 21 ft Sparrow > 180 ft 5 cell Cobra 10 > 230 ft 7 cell Viking Superlite), my first rig back had a 190 Spectre. I had bought the rig understanding that the Spectre was a 210, but it was a 190. Gave it a go and liked it for about 30 jumps, then got hurt. After six months off and the pin being removed from my ankle, came back with a 210 Pilot. Jumped that for 3 years, 'til I blew it up on a slammer opening, then went to a 188 Pilot. Got a 188 ZPX Pilot two years ago and have since become UTTERLY frustrated with the no wind landings. Three canopy courses have not helped, so I'm thinking of demoing something else again. Perhaps a Safire 2, perhaps another Spectre, or maybe even a Storm.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !