Yorick

Skydive Teuge set of a big season finale.

More than 2 million people saw today a skydiver fall to death on television.

In a classic 'who did it' we saw yesterday that the bridle and reserve ripcord were cut by an unknown person.

I made a short edit of these events
Video:https://vimeo.com/69769933 from 8 min 10 sec.

I can imagine the writers got the idea for the parachute murder from these actual events: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parachute_Murder.

Scenes were shot on and above Skydive Teuge, The Netherlands. Btw, o skydivers were harmed in making of this show.;) The actors did not jump but were suspended between two cranes in a harnas. They used 'Matrix techniques' to produce the closeups.

Lessons learned:
- Always check you ripcord.
- Turn on your AAD
- Do not skydive if you are a character in a soap opera.

-Y.
"The 'perfect' parachute jump was thought to be one where the opening shock and touchdown were simultaneous" -Lyle Cameron, ~1965
---
Falling-With-Style.com

Arvoitus

Did the actors go through any training and/or did they do any jumps? Or were they just given the rigs and told where to pull if they fall out?

I don't mean to be rude, but read the original post and you find the answer to your question. "The actors did not jump but were suspended between two cranes in a harnas. They used 'Matrix techniques' to produce the closeups."
POPS #10623; SOS #1672

brucet7

***Did the actors go through any training and/or did they do any jumps? Or were they just given the rigs and told where to pull if they fall out?

I don't mean to be rude, but read the original post and you find the answer to your question. "The actors did not jump but were suspended between two cranes in a harnas. They used 'Matrix techniques' to produce the closeups."

I know I should have been more specific.

There is an in place shot around 13:50 where the plane is clearly flying and the actors are sitting inside the plane with rigs on. If there had been an engine failure or some other problem with the plane during that flight where the normal procedure for the pilot would have been to request the jumpers to exit, would the actors have done that and/or did they get any training for that scenario? Or is that scene some editing room magic and the actors were never in the plane in the first place?
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

I don't know how they did it, but non of the rigs were set for left handed deployment. The red handle is the cutaway handle, not a soft reserve one.
"My belief is that once the doctor whacks you on the butt, all guarantees are off" Jerry Baumchen