moiye

USA min requirements for tracking suits ( Tube 3 )

This is for those who have jumped a tracking suit in USA.
What are the requirements to meet to be able to jump a tracking suit.
As in, is it a min of x no. of jumps
Or min license of A,B,C...?
Or dz approval based on your skill level

I've only jumped in Australia, and will be coming over soon and can't find any mention of tracking suits in the op regs for USA.

The USA is not a nanny state like Australia.There is no such regulation. But there are people in charge who use common sense and judgement at any DZ.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Fuzzwah

Might be time for you to do some reading about the NSA......

The US government are a bunch of assholes, but compared to Australia it is MUCH less of a beige cardigan-wearing nannyocracy.

I love Australia, I've lived here almost 1/3 of my life, but the abundance of cowardice in the form of overregulation of every conceivable thing drives me batshit fucking crazy.
cavete terrae.

grue

***Might be time for you to do some reading about the NSA......

The US government are a bunch of assholes, but compared to Australia it is MUCH less of a beige cardigan-wearing nannyocracy.

I love Australia, I've lived here almost 1/3 of my life, but the abundance of cowardice in the form of overregulation of every conceivable thing drives me batshit fucking crazy.

Overregulation is typical in most governments. Like you I love my country, I just have no stomach for my government.

It should be remembered that regulations like most laws in your country as well as mine come from dysfunctional people like Politicians.

This garbage who can't get a real job must show some kind of performance to justify their useless positions.
You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime

captain1976

******Might be time for you to do some reading about the NSA......

Overregulation is typical in most governments. Like you I love my country, I just have no stomach for my government.

It should be remembered that regulations like most laws in your country as well as mine come from dysfunctional people like Politicians.

This garbage who can't get a real job must show some kind of performance to justify their useless positions.

That about sums it up. At least in the US you don't get a ticket for riding a bicycle without a helmet, and you can find DZs that don't require AADs [:/]
cavete terrae.

grue

*********Might be time for you to do some reading about the NSA......

That about sums it up. At least in the US you don't get a ticket for riding a bicycle without a helmet, and you can find DZs that don't require AADs [:/]

You haven't been to Kalifornia yet.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

monkycndo

***every conceivable thing drives me batshit fucking crazy.

Just in case you lost yours.

Oh my god I DID. Thank you thank you thank you thank you

wait, they don't have the regular ol' shirt, fff. Maybe I'llk just get one printed.
cavete terrae.

If you can track stable, keep your heading and be safe in general 50 jumps is good enough as per experienced trackers and WS flyers at my DZ. Keep in mind that tracking suit cost almost the same as WS and you'll not have as much fun doing TS compared to WS unless you going to start BASE... That's what I've been told ad it does make sense to me now.

grue

***Might be time for you to do some reading about the NSA......

http://iloveskydiving.org/view/videos/friday-freakout-wingsuit-flying-accidents/

Regulate my ass ;)

:D

I bet you never jumped in Russia :):S

Maksimsf

******Might be time for you to do some reading about the NSA......

:D

I bet you never jumped in Russia :):S

Not yet… but I'd like to some day.
cavete terrae.

A standard, you might say, jump number would be 80 freefall skydives. More relaxed DZs will allow it at 50 jumps.
The big problem is landing off...People track away from the DZ and don't make it back.

Just know how to fly a proper pattern and not run into people and you'll be fine.

Also, Tube 3 is more of a head-low fast flying suit. So make sure you are comfortable tracking at steeper angles.

moiye

This is for those who have jumped a tracking suit in USA.
What are the requirements to meet to be able to jump a tracking suit.
As in, is it a min of x no. of jumps
Or min license of A,B,C...?
Or dz approval based on your skill level

I've only jumped in Australia, and will be coming over soon and can't find any mention of tracking suits in the op regs for USA.

No requirements; Pressurized recommends a minimum of 75 skydives before putting on a Tube 3 IIRC:)
"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way." -Alan Watts