grimmie

Tsunami Skydivers, Oceanside ,CA

There will be a formal announcement on the grand opening weekend coming soon. There are some i's to dot and t's to cross.

PAC 750 is confirmed.
C/D license holders only.
Tandems
No Sky Ride certs accepted.

It has been an exhausting process. Without Randy O's assistance, I would have been burnt toast dealing with the city red tape.

Thank you to those of you that wrote to the Mayor/Council, it helped.

I'll keep you guys posted. It's very close...

There will be a formal announcement on the grand opening weekend coming soon. There are some i's to dot and t's to cross.

PAC 750 is confirmed.
Tandems

It has been an exhausting process. Without Randy O's assistance, I would have been burnt toast dealing with the city red tape.

Awesome - I would love to jump there,
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

PAC 750 is confirmed.
Tandems

i think i just creamed my pants a little.
IHYD

guess I need to work on my C license now :| I figured as much though as I know the landing area is crowded there...plus I do enjoy my home dz sdsd.

you can beat SR a their game, need to do some serious serious work on website building etc. you'll have all the marines in your backyard :)

"A man only gets in life what he is believing for, nothing more and nothing less" Kenneth Hagen

....still waiting for news...want this place to open!!!! =D

Poor Rich is busy running back-to-back boogies in Belize. :P I'm sure once he's back from that struggle he'll let us know more.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

me too. Was down there today hopin' to see whales.
Be fun flying there with the P2 AirForce...Even with the guy that has a big red c**k IN his butt. :P

if anyone is wondering...that guy is me! =D

FIFY
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

me too. Was down there today hopin' to see whales.
Be fun flying there with the P2 AirForce...Even with the guy that has a big red c**k IN his butt. :P

if anyone is wondering...that guy is me! =D

FIFY

what did you fix to make it FIFY?
IHYD

I just returned from an amazing month in Belize. Now it's on to getting Oceanside up and running. I am meeting with the city and FAA officials next week. There are some local folks causing a lot of problems right now by stirring up the council. It's pretty ridiculous, but as jumpers, we are used to the airport access issues we face.
The FAA is firmly on our side and we will have everything ironed out in a week or two. The airport sponsor is behind us also, which is a huge help.
Stay tuned. I'll have an update soon on our grand opening.

The city wants me to go through a Conditional Use Permit process. They had contacted the local FAA airport compliance office and recieved word they could make me apply. This involves a public hearing and approval from the planning commission. It also takes 6 months to a year.
I have been working with Randy Ottinger at USPA HQ. The FAA office in Washington, DC is over ruling the local opinion and says I don't have to apply for a CUP.
There are also a lot of other variables to the plot that are too lengthy to discuss. And yes, don't you love the skydiveoceanside.com SLYRIDE website.:S
We'll get there. The city attorney has no legal issues with it and the risk management dept is OK with all of it. The resistance is coming from the planning dept. They are the ones requiring a CUP.
It has to be done in a way that I can operate there for a long time, without the city having a way to evict us. It's right at a year in the works now. I suppose that's right on schedule for most of these airport access issues.:P
I should really know more by the end of the week.