grimmie

Tsunami Skydivers, Oceanside ,CA

Good luck! Are you worried about the coastal weather? That was one of the reasons that Buzz went further inland when he opened Air Adventures at Brown.

Rocky (Grimm should remember him, he was a JM at Perris, retired drill sargent) ran his DZ at Oceansside, mostly tandems, , and the weather (low clouds) was a constant headache! Made for short jump days!

Hopen the best of luck for ya Rich......:)

Rocky never advertised and used to do 10 tandems per day, by folks just driving by on sunny days also.

We'll have some June gloom issues and a bit of overcast now and then. But it won't be 110 and there aren't any dust devils.

And oh, darn, a weather day in Oceanside. We'll just go surf.B|

Rocky never advertised and used to do 10 tandems per day, by folks just driving by on sunny days also.

We'll have some June gloom issues and a bit of overcast now and then. But it won't be 110 and there aren't any dust devils.

And oh, darn, a weather day in Oceanside. We'll just go surf.B|

I like your plan, and being that close, maybe I can get back into filming students,,,B|

I met with the Mayor of Oceanside today. He is all for us jumping there. Unfortunately there is an election of two incumbents soon, so I may have to go schmooze some new council members. As of now we have the required votes. There are a lot of minor paperwork issues we are sorting through. I'll let you guys know at what city council meeting we will be getting the vote at. This has been an ongoing process since March.
It appears we will now look at a St. Paddy's day grand opening. I will be taking the plane to Belize for a month in February for Boogie VII and Skyfari.
And to all of you that have called and written e-mails to the council, thank you.

The city council met in a closed session and approved city staff to make it happen.B|

I am working with the city now on all of the permits, insurance and other requirements. The FAA is on board and behind us 100%. I speak nearly twice a week with Randy Ottinger at USPA HQ. He is guiding me through this long and involved process to ensure we jump at Oceanside for years to come. I am getting my dues worth out of him.:P

I am still looking for a March start up. I'll have a definite date set when all of the "T's" are crossed and the "I's" are dotted.

Rich that's great news! Glad to hear some places/cities are not ran by a bunch of pricks, pretty rare. Two years into a Pt. 13 and still waiting...[:/]

Yea that Randy guy is due a lot of beers by many members who don't have a clue how much he dose for the sport.

you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Yea that Randy guy is due a lot of beers by many members who don't have a clue how much he dose for the sport.

This bears repeating. I've seen him in action with FAA folks, and he is very knowledgeable, personable, and capable.

Rich, congrats!! Looking forward to jumping at your place this spring.

Cant wait to jump there.As far as the domain names and legal action.I totally disagree.He had those names before you.How do you not know he wasnt planning on opening up a dz there? And plus i love free enterprise and have made Thousnads that way...Its the way the world work..You should offer a reasonable price or choose a new name like ..

JUMPOCEANSIDE
SKYDIVEOC
SKYDIVEOTOWN

;) NOW pay me $500 for the advice,,lol

Cant wait to jump there.As far as the domain names and legal action.I totally disagree.He had those names before you.How do you not know he wasnt planning on opening up a dz there? And plus i love free enterprise and have made Thousnads that way...Its the way the world work..You should offer a reasonable price or choose a new name like ..

JUMPOCEANSIDE
SKYDIVEOC
SKYDIVEOTOWN

;) NOW pay me $500 for the advice,,lol

That's some pretty bad and wrong legal advice. I'll stick to using Larry Hill's lawyer if you don't mind.:P