3mpire

What is the business case for fun jumpers?

I'm sure there is a lot more to it than what i outlined. i haven't been in the sport long enough to understand all (any) of it, so i'm sure you can on a biz by biz level come out with different answers to the same question.

what it really comes down to is if you own a DZ you can make it into whatever you want to, it just depends on what is important to you and what you're willing to do to get it :)

???? From a business standpoint? Really? Up jumpers are the repeat customers, they are the ones that will come back, draw more business, and buy all the little things you sell. I hate how its all about tandems nowadays, when the upjumpers are the ones that are the repeat customers. I got left at the landing field as I was walking back on my last jump, I was 45 sec. from the van. They couldnt wait because the plane was running and they use a shuttle van to get from one side of the airport to the other. Glad I was not injured. So, I was left until the next load came down. That is how this dz views upjumpers and why I hope to find a better one than that. There is one about 20 min. further, I hope it works out better. So, for the question of the business case for upjumpers, they are the repeat customers, they are what the whole thing is about.

From a business standpoint...think of it like this.

One tandem jump costs say 200 bucks. They jump once, YAY fun times....and they may never return.

One fun jumper jumps 4 times in a day at 25 bucks each. that's 100 bucks. ...that fun jumper comes back...day after day...week after week...year after year. That money adds up.

However, they have to take more trips up in the plane to get that money, which burns more fuel...the catch is, fun jumpers are frequently on loads with tandem students. So, they are basically just icing on the cake. A consistent, yet low, return on investment, is better than a single, yer moderately high, return on investment, in the long run. Put both of them together and BAM you got a good DZ.

Of course, from an advertising and marketing perspective....fun jumpers introduce new people to the sport. Friends and family hear about you jumping...see your pictures...and they want you to answer questions and tell them where they should jump...or to go with them the day they jump. It's free PR baby, the best kind of PR you can get!

Cut out fun jumpers at your DZ...and yes, you can still operate your business...but for how long? How successful do you think you'll really be? Fun jumpers are the life of the party ;)

If I were a DZO, I'd take your money, his money, her money, their money, any money, and all money. Basically, I'd be in the money taking business. I'd be one money taking son of a buck! What I have to do to take that money is irrelevent as long as it pays the bills. B|

Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."