als888

Is skydiving in Thailand safe?

als888

Im looking to skydive my first jump with thaiskyadventures. A bit nervous so wanted to know if skydiving there is safe and about the place. Has anyone skydived there?

That's almost like asking, "are all female Thai strippers really female"? :o
All seriousness aside, I would try to contact their manifest. Ask them if they can provide you with a report of incidents for the past 5 years. What is their safety record like.
Chances are though, it's most likely ok. Just jump your own rig. There's no way i'm jumping a foreign country's rig.
Nothing against Mexicans but if i were jumping in Mexico there is no way in hell i'm jumping their rig..just saying. :|

als888

Thanks guys. This is my first time doing a tandem skydive, so cant use my own rig. They are certified by USPA, so should be ok, right?

Have you even contacted the DZ there yet? Maybe they can put your mind at ease. Must you do your first jump, or any jump, in Thailand? What kind of assurance are you hoping to get from us? Either way, there is risk involved. Welcome to skydiving. If you're still unsure, jump at a different DZ.

GooniesKid

Chances are though, it's most likely ok. Just jump your own rig. There's no way i'm jumping a foreign country's rig.
Nothing against Mexicans but if i were jumping in Mexico there is no way in hell i'm jumping their rig..just saying. :|

Why? Wouldn't you do a thorough gear check and inquiry beforehand? Should Mexicans not rent gear on American dropzones because they're on a foreign DZ.

I just returned from Japan where I did a few freefly jumps with their rental gear. Well maintained gear that was made in the US. They were more safety conscience than my popular home DZ.

XMarked

***Im looking to skydive my first jump with thaiskyadventures. A bit nervous so wanted to know if skydiving there is safe and about the place. Has anyone skydived there?

I also am taking a trip to Thailand to "skydive".

I see what you did there! :P

I don't imagine their TIs are any more suicidal there than anywhere else... :P I would imagine that the TI would be fairly certain that their gear is good and that they know what they are doing.
Why drive myself crazy trying to be normal, when I am already at crazy?