Alba-Mike

Camping at Perris

Alba-Mike

Hi everyone,
I'm going to be at Perris for a month in August and wanted to know what the camping was like
Would it be ok for a month
Would a Walmart tent be up to the job
I see camping as being an easy way to safe money

camping at Perris in August...Hmmm, you sure you want to endure 100+ degree heat during the day and 90+ at night?
If you budget allows maybe you can check into their houses. I think it's only $10 a night.
http://www.skydiveperris.com/facilities.aspx

If you want to camp, for a little more money you can get an actual decent tent that will last you a few seasons. Why get a tissue paper, disposable walmart tent?
I offer this advice because I have gone that route, and found after a few uses, I got leaks, broken zippers, snapped fly line hooks...nothing more frustrating than having a tent break down on you while you are still living in it. And decent tents really don't cost too much more.
Why drive myself crazy trying to be normal, when I am already at crazy?

If you set it up and leave it, a cheap tent should last you as long as you don't abuse it. The bunkhouse and IHOP are also very reasonably priced. The IHOP has a kitchen so you can prepare your own food and save money that way. And sometimes people rent trailers/houses/rooms near the dz. Contact the dz and see if there is anyone doing that. You might be able to find a good deal.
"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

It's gonna be hot in that tent in August. If you can, set up next to the memorial park (not on the grass, but outside the trees in the dirt). That way you have some shade for part of the day. It's quiet there (can barely hear the tunnel), yet still an easy stumble back from the bar.

A Coleman brand tent will stand up to a month of constant use just fine. You can find them at Walmart or Target; they are more expensive than the Ozark Trail brand, but they offer good ventilation and good water protection. If you don't intend to do much more than sleep in it, a 2 or 3 person tent will hold you and your gear and not cost more than $50 or so.

i have camped at Perris twice now and both times went great. my tent is a piece of junk and has worked great both times. Just to give you a heads up bring ear plugs because if they are doing military training they skyvan flies until 4am. both times i have camped in the courner of the military packing mats and as long as you stay out of the way everything will be fine. thats my 2c

If you do it, get as far away from the tunnel as possible. It's loud, and they ran it a lot at night when I was there.
Elsinore is not far away and the camping was much more enjoyable for me there.
Jumping was excellent at both.
But what do I know?