jerm

Women's "record" in Russia?

Wondering if anyone knows about THIS women's record I've seen from a few different news outlets. I'm failing to see how this trumps the 181way women's record from 2009 JFTC... anyone?

They keep saying "flower", which would make sense as a record, except it looks really whacker-y to me.

Insights?

Landing without injury is not necessarily evidence that you didn't fuck up... it just means you got away with it this time

maybe.. all the articles seem to say "biggest ever", though none seem to be claiming "world record".. hmmm

Landing without injury is not necessarily evidence that you didn't fuck up... it just means you got away with it this time

Russian and European formation record (feminine).
In the news they're saying "national world record", meaning the largest freefall formation built by ladies from a single country (Not sure if this is true or records of this kind are recognized elsewhere).

The current FAI approved record from last year: http://www.fai.org/fai-record-file/?recordId=16588

New claimed record: http://www.fai.org/fai-record-file/?recordId=16877

Be merciful on Russian reporters. They have right to not be aware about skydiving in general and international skydiving in particular.
Just bread and butter, nothing personal. :)
Being Russian skydiver with USSR roots, I am glad that Russia finally was able to produce enough skyladies for such event. We all will benefit from it.
Blue Sky

Oh, absolutely. There was no sarcasm in my praise.. i think it's great...was just confused :)

Assuming this is the largest with everyone from the same country, I think it very cool.

I like the idea in general of records where everyone is from the country involved rather than a traveling circus of mostly the same people going from country to country.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

indeed. i feel similarly about state records. what's the point/challenge if the only difference is where you land?