MakeItHappen

USPA N&E Agenda

For USPA Members:

I wish to direct you to the agenda for the Nominations and Elections Committee.

http://www.uspa.org/Portals/0/Downloads/Agenda_NE_2013_07.pdf

The agenda document has an explanation/summary of issues related to changing the election schedule/timeline of the USPA board members.

If you have any comments on this please contact me or reply to this thread.
Based upon numerous comments from board members, staff members and USPA members, many issues have been identified and discussed in the summary document. If you think something has been overlooked or not represented, please contact me.

Aerosoftware_AT_MakeItHappen.com where _AT_ = @

Please keep in mind that nothing specific is proposed at this point
and anything and everything about the election needs the approval of the USPA membership.
The N&E committee will be considering options at the next meeting (Jul 26-28) and may recommend something then.

IOW, you don't have to bash USPA now, all you have to do is say I think 'such-n-such' seems like the best idea.

Thank-you for your consideration of these issues.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

Geez, it's kinda long and involved and uses big words an stuff. And seeing how this is the first we hearin' of it, it might take usn's some time to unnerstan it all.

I had copied and pasted it and was dissecting it a bit, but I won't bother now. Obviously, the members have missed their window of opportunity to voice an opinion.

Jump more, post less!

popsjumper

3 days?
You were expecting knee-jerk input?

Hi pops

We all know and love jan, becuse shes the real deal at USPA and a smart person to boot.

But I suspect that the unrealistic time frame for accepting comments came from the board not jan.

We used to see this administrative technique, while working for the feds because in reality they were

to busy

to deal with the comments.

Now that we 're retired we're noticing the same administrative technique in local agency's like the park board.

It is what it is.

I
One Jump Wonder

Krip

But I suspect that the unrealistic time frame for accepting comments came from the board not jan.

No doubt you are right about that.
..is it too late to claim the plural (USPA, et al.) "you"?
:D:D

Luv ya' Jan!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

topdocker

Geez, it's kinda long and involved and uses big words an stuff. And seeing how this is the first we hearin' of it, it might take usn's some time to unnerstan it all.

I had copied and pasted it and was dissecting it a bit, but I won't bother now. Obviously, the members have missed their window of opportunity to voice an opinion.

Gee whiz, Craig, what happened to your sense of humor?

I just pulled the post to the top of the page with a sarcastic post.

Anyone can still send me comments.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

So I'll be honest with ya, Jan. I read the proposals and tried to formulate an opinion, but this all seems like relatively minor procedural stuff relative to the big changes that have come in the last few years. My opinions about all of them are kind of "yeah, could go either way and I probably wouldn't care that much." From this one member's POV, the N&E committee is a victim of its own success, and the rest of the changes are just cleaning up around the edges because of those changes.

The board already made the three changes that I, as a member, cared about and had strong opinions on. 1) You got online voting working, and (from all reports) working pretty well. 2) You changed the term from 2 to 3 years. I think this will be a positive change, tbd of course as this is the first term that'll go that long and 3) You got rid of the petition process for RD candidates.

I will say that moving the election cycle to somewhere in the late spring/summer/early fall time frame is a change I would wholeheartedly support as it moves the election cycle to within skydiving season for pretty much everywhere in the US. I think that's beneficial because it gives candidates a better opportunity to interact with voters in person at the dropzone, which may not be an option for cold-weather climates at the end of the year.

The rest of it I just can't formulate a strong enough opinion/argument about one way or the other.

Sorry. :D

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

MakeItHappen

***Geez, it's kinda long and involved and uses big words an stuff. And seeing how this is the first we hearin' of it, it might take usn's some time to unnerstan it all.

Gee whiz, Craig, what happened to your sense of humor?

I just pulled the post to the top of the page with a sarcastic post.

Anyone can still send me comments.

Did see the sarcasm icon, sorry![:/]

My thought is the shorter the better. Most of the groups that I have a vote for the BOD or Trustees have less than thirty day voting periods. Just not sure we are going to get the quorum necessary to change things with regard to BOD elections, this just isn't very sexy.

Also, I would think the money should come with the letter of intent. If you really intend to do it, put your money up early.

have fun!

craig
Jump more, post less!