joelgibson

how many of us have flown and dived?

joelgibson

Is it an air addiction? I have 7.5 hours flying time and 14 landings and 10 jumps. They're 15 years apart. It must be a calling to the air, we can't get away from it...I can't. My dad's a pilot...issues

You have 14 landings from 10 jumps?!?!! :o

:D:D

I'm a private pilot airplane, have about 30 mins flying a helicopter (may take it up one day if I ever end up with free time) and skydive.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

theonlyski

***Is it an air addiction? I have 7.5 hours flying time and 14 landings and 10 jumps. They're 15 years apart. It must be a calling to the air, we can't get away from it...I can't. My dad's a pilot...issues

I'm a private pilot airplane, have about 30 mins flying a helicopter (may take it up one day if I ever end up with free time) and skydive.

:)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

airtwardo

******Is it an air addiction? I have 7.5 hours flying time and 14 landings and 10 jumps. They're 15 years apart. It must be a calling to the air, we can't get away from it...I can't. My dad's a pilot...issues

:)

Helicopter time is helicopter time!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Can't beat flying, however you do it. 150 hours then started skydiving. Flying took a side seat due to funds though, can't quite accommodate both yet (it gets REALLY expensive to jump out of a plane when you're supposed to be the one flying it :p )

Dived ? with an airplane or in skydiving ?

Anyway, I have flown : Cessna 150, Cessna 172, Cessna 182 (one time), Cessna Cutlass RG with variable pitch propeller, Aeronca Champion, a Maule (don't remember the type) and even flew for half an hour in the copilot seat of a Twin Otter for a total of 535 hours.

Note : I started jumping 10 years before I have flown an airplane.

Canada pilot license : YZP 296303
Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.

280 hours fixed wing
4 hours rotary wing
3.5 hours sea plane
Just bought a Citabria http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QY2w9Ypozw
Saving up for a Pitts Special while I take some dual in one to prep for it.

6000+ jumps, mostly 4 way and 8 way, but AFF and Tandem I

I also tech dive (cave/wreck/deep)
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

about 1300 hours fixed wing
about 3300 hours rotary
about 1200 jumps
would probably be about 2200 jumps if I didn't have to fly jumpers...thats the issue...
Replying to: Re: Stall On Jump Run Emergency Procedure? by billvon

If the plane is unrecoverable then exiting is a very very good idea.

student pilot -- 25 hours (completed written and a couple cross countries)
few hundred jumps

discovery of having a brain aneurysm kind of stopped all of it though

fun times (6+ hours) in the A6-E night carrier landing trainer and one cat shot/carrier landing in a F/A-18 sim

You guys have got to be pushing drugs haha. I got my PPL(a) when I was 18 with the intentions of CPL/MEICR and employment. Money was a huge issue tho and I stopped flying at about 60 hours. 5 years later I'm in a position where I could continue training but with a young family I can't justify taking a 'pay cut' to be a pilot as much as I would love to. Skydiving a a happy and afordable median for me ;)

Private pilot (ASEL) with instrument and glider ratings. Have also flown helicopters and gyrocopter, but not rated in them. Own my own plane, wingsuits and parachutes.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.