Jumpdude

Living Social ads on Facebook

If Groupon Living Social etc, run advertisements for businesses that do not exist, wasn't their sine fort of Federal Suit to fix this not long ago?

Can't REAL DZ's complain to the Corporate HQ's of each CO and fix the false adds?

Seems a REAL DZ filing a compliant, reduces the need to spend money on bad middlemen competition.

Using Google/Bing/Yahoo etc isn't using a middleman, it is just like buying advertising on the TV and Radio.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

jclalor

Living Social and Groupon are in the process of collapsing. Their business model is unsustainable, restaurants cannot afford to give out $20 meals for $5 when the expected repeat business never comes back, the majority of Groupon users are cheap-asses and are only looking for a one time bargain.

People looking to cross skydiving off their bucket list are no different, I saw my home DZ implode from Groupon, they would sell 1000 tandems and then get a check for $50,000 a few days later from Groupon and temporarily jump start their cash flow. within a month, they were back to being unable to pay the staff, only then to sell more Groupons to shore up the cash flow once again, 90% of their tandems were Groupon, a vicious cycle.

DZ.com needs to add a like button for posts like yours!!!!
Sorry to hear about your DZ imploding, but that's exactly what will continue to happen if the brain dead DZO's who keep putting the faith in the middle men, and their asses on the line don't stop using the middle men! Some say L/S, and Groupon aren't sLyride, and that may be true, but it doesn't look like they are any better than slyride, now does it? They are bad for our sport,,, PERIOD!!!!!

Jumpdude

Sorry to hear about your DZ imploding, but that's exactly what will continue to happen if the brain dead DZO's who keep putting the faith in the middle men, and their asses on the line don't stop using the middle men! Some say L/S, and Groupon aren't sLyride, and that may be true, but it doesn't look like they are any better than slyride, now does it? They are bad for our sport,,, PERIOD!!!!!

So are DZOs with no business acumen or common sense.

Jumpdude

I dunno if something is being lost in translation of the internet, but I feel like I'm beating my head against a wall in this thread.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

We just did one of these for IAD jumps. So far we've picked up over 100 new students and there's still a couple days left on it. They pay about $110 each and we get about $78 of it. That's $230/load to 4000ft. Not bad for .5hrs on the plane. Plus we can upsell them on video/stills. That could easily be an extra $100/load.

It doesn't suck that bad. I'm not going to get rich off it, but it'll keep the plane spinning and we're gonna make a whole bunch of new skydivers.

I know we'd make more money if we'd "do our own marketing" and I'm planning on taking some classes over the winter to learn how, but for now at least we're not just another bunch of skyride taking tandem factory carnies. :P

Fast

I dunno if something is being lost in translation of the internet, but I feel like I'm beating my head against a wall in this thread.

Sounds pretty cut n dry to me. jclalor explained how his DZ closed it's doors because of getting screwed by the deep discounts and the way the groupon business model worked, which became the demise of that dz, so even though he (jumpdude) slammed the DZO's who use them and the other's, he's right, what's lost in translation? Kinda looks like you may need hooked on phonics if you can't understand what's been said.