freeflye73

Sliding door Cessna 206

I have only worked from a couple of Cessna U206s with in-flight doors.

The roll-up fabric door was not very practical with tandems, because we needed an extra crew member (e.g. outside videographer) to roll up the door.

The slide-up, clear Lexan door was much better, because it could be operated by a tandem master after he had attached his student.
Yes, the Lexan door reduces head room, because it slides maybe 5 inches below the ceiling, but since I have "sat" all my tandem exits for the last 15 years, it does not bother me.
I suspect that the slide-up Lexan door was installed at Yolo County Airport, California. There is an aircraft overhaul facility beside Action Air (parachute sales) and Skydance (skydiving school). Yolo County Airport is a half hour west of Sacremento, California.

I've installed a few lexan doors. Sorry, I don't have any personal pictures of the installs, but if you Google N1954L, you can see some pictures from the outside. The aircraft is now located at Xtreme Divers in Puerto Rico.

The door that you refer to was mounted that way because with the standard rectangle lexan panels the door can not make the tight turns or the complex bend because of the tpaer of the fuselage.
You can install the door so that it fits tight against the ceiling. The hardest part is cutting the lexan panels. The panels need to taper to one end and then the panels are installed with the tapers opposite each other. This allows the door to make the bend at such a tight radius.
If anyone has some pictures of the Beech 18, at Richmond, that would also help. The 18 has a small fuselage radius at the lexan door was installed tight against the fuselage. Same concept, just a different bird.

Got this picture from one of our pilots, unless you are a really small person its nearly impossible to fit under with camera gear on your head.

//JF

Thats way too low. The tracks on our door follows the roof. I'll try to find a picture and post it.
If you're not living on the edge; you're taking up too much room!

.... but if you Google N1954L, you can see some pictures from the outside. The aircraft is now located at Xtreme Divers in Puerto Rico.

Not that it matters, but that plane left PR about a year ago, maybe more.
HISPA #93
DS #419.5

Got this picture from one of our pilots, unless you are a really small person its nearly impossible to fit under with camera gear on your head.

Looks like the door with the shorter (skinnier) panels can follow a much tighter radius for the rails, permitting a higher, tighter to the ceiling, installation.

Hi
looking for a jump door for a 1965 182.A door all ready made for jump operations or a virgin right side door to make over for a jump door.I think 1962-1967 182's and some years of 206 fit.
If there is a better place to post this please let me know.
Thanks Chuck
PS yes looking at Trade- A-Plain also.

plane left PR about a year ago, maybe more

Maybe its in Humacao?

Theres video on YouTube of it flying in Humacao, July 2009. Plus I was informed by someone who works for the aircraft owner that it was still there.

Yes, :$ thats my boring video.
I corrected the date on the description, read the date it was posted, it was on July 2008 :$. I noticed the typo right after uploading it.

so yeah, pretty sure the plane is not here...and if it is, is not flying jumpers.
HISPA #93
DS #419.5

Hi!

I have followed the post for a while. Do you know if there is anyone constructing or selling complete sliding door systems for a 206. We have been looking for a door for a while withour success. Any hints or sites that may have a door would great.

andreeb77 - your door looks realy nice. Where did you get it?

Thank you!

Hi!

I have followed the post for a while. Do you know if there is anyone constructing or selling complete sliding door systems for a 206. We have been looking for a door for a while withour success. Any hints or sites that may have a door would great.

andreeb77 - your door looks realy nice. Where did you get it?

Thank you!