matt_f_001

Helping injured jumpers.

So I don't want this to come across as advertising but I wanted to let everyone know that Antigravity BASE is now donating $5 of every shirt sold to a fund that will be used exclusively to help injured jumpers.

I wanted to start a nonprofit specifically with this goal in mind but I realistically do not have the time right now to make that happen. I am also open to suggestions and ideas.

We are also working on donation tab that will allow donations to be added to an order. All of those proceeds from it will be used to help our friends who have been sidelined by an injury.

www.antigravitybase.com

oldwomanc6

Noble sentiment, sure to be polarizing in it's execution, though.

Agreed but for the life of me I don't understand why that is.
- The donation is optional. How can anyone argue against that?
- Helping the injured is indeed a noble thing...unless you have the attitude that they brought it on themselves in some way (say, no insurance?) and that they should pay the price by suffering more than is necessary. Yes, we have those out here who think like that.

It's going to be interesting, and probably enlightening, to read some of the naysayer comments.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

popsjumper

***Noble sentiment, sure to be polarizing in it's execution, though.

Agreed but for the life of me I don't understand why that is.
- The donation is optional. How can anyone argue against that?
- Helping the injured is indeed a noble thing...unless you have the attitude that they brought it on themselves in some way (say, no insurance?) and that they should pay the price by suffering more than is necessary. Yes, we have those out here who think like that.

It's going to be interesting, and probably enlightening, to read some of the naysayer comments.

You forgot the semi-comercialization of the conduit for the donations. :P
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

matt_f_001

So I don't want this to come across as advertising but I wanted to let everyone know that Antigravity BASE is now donating $5 of every shirt sold to a fund that will be used exclusively to help injured jumpers.

I wanted to start a nonprofit specifically with this goal in mind but I realistically do not have the time right now to make that happen. I am also open to suggestions and ideas.

We are also working on donation tab that will allow donations to be added to an order. All of those proceeds from it will be used to help our friends who have been sidelined by an injury.

www.antigravitybase.com

You asked: :S

Take the 5 bucks and do what those white shirted bible toten crew cut types do when I'm not home.

Have a flyer printed up. To be handed out at Dz's everywhere. And on this flyier print some pithy reminder to practice your EP's or some other message, like a PSA, that will help prevent the injury in the first place?

;)

C
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

oldwomanc6

Yes, Antigravity BASE is a business. However, the donation aspect is an addition to an already existing business and in no way affects those who aren't interested.

I am sure that at some point someone will be upset but our goal is to provide a fund that can provide immediate assistance to friends in need of help.

How about instead of collecting money at a central point, you set up a Twitter network where you can notify people of the injured. Then they can send the money directly to the person in need.
How and who will decide who is in need?
Is this just for skydiving injuries or skydivers? As in if a jumper gets in a car accident do they get money?
Is this for a certain country or international?
How will you find out who is injured?
I have nothing against this idea and wish USPA had adopted it years ago.
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

oldwomanc6

You're right. I did. That, IMO, would be a valid point of contention.
Sometimes I think we are in the wrong business.
Set up a call center and take a large percentage off the top.
Life of ease, eh?
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239