kram88

Tandem skydive vs. solo?

I get i will learn all this stuff when i start taking my classes but i dont know when that will be and i want to be prepared for when the time comes and also so i dont get myself killed out there. Whatever.

Adding "whatever" to a statement is contemptuous and dismissive. One could say that you were the rude one there.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Arvoitus

******First off, there is no such thing as a "Student Cut Away."
It's a bad joke that is perpetuated by the ignorant and those with a sick sense of humor.

Just to let you know, I have seen a cutawayhandle on a paxharness.
A big red handle where the warninglable is and 3-rings at the topattachments.

The poor student wearing it probably had no idea :S

Do you know why that kind of setup existed?

Sorry about this, didn't see this earlier.

No, have no clue.
I think it's a TM that is also a rigger that just wanted to make stuff more complex than it already is and add a failpoint to his gear.

I would love to ask the guy but..
1. I couldn't speak the language. And showing up on a DZ as a guest and start asking about a "paxrelease" would probably be a bad idea.
2. I really don't think the TM would chop this student, so why create a issue when the pax is right there pointing on her back as we got in the plane. Probably also a bad idea.

I really don't see the point in that handle.
I'm sorry if I scare the OP now, but if the TM wants to drop you he/she can use a knife.
Having a handle that can break or not work as it should (meaning staying on the rig) is just odd to say the least.

I wish I could have taken a picture of it, but again, I think that would be a bad idea...