KevinZK

Urgent: Want to do AFF 1 in Sydney area

Hi Skydivers,

This is Kevin from Singapore. I will be in Sydney for a one week trip from 11th Oct to 18th Oct.

Me and my wife are so eager to take the AFF 1 course on 12th & 13th Oct weekend.

However I got a situation that my Sydney local agent told me that in order to take the course, we must book all 9 courses.

Understand that schools will have their own definition for AFF and tandem is usually more profitable for business owner. Actually our plan is to only do AFF1 for this time due to the time constrain and later come back to finish the follow stages.

We would be so appreciated if anyone could let us know any company provides AFF1 solo in Sydney area on 12 & 13 Oct and only charge AFF1 fee.

Frankly speaking, even if the fee is a bit higher than those AFF1 under package cost, we are still glad to go for it. As long as it's AFF1 Solo.

Thank you so much skydiver mates! Hope we can have the chance to join the family!

I'm not from Australia and have no local knowledge of the dzs, but I did a quick Google and came up with a big DZ that I have heard of internationally. Looking at their website, it appears they do offer AFF L1 only. I suggest you contact the DZ directly rather than going through a middle man.
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

strife

http://www.sydneyskydivers.com.au/

click learn to skydive link

Phil Onis, senior instructor out of Picton, has over 30,000 jumps under his belt. You will be hard pressed to find a more experienced teacher. I have a couple of friends from that DZ, and they speak very highly of him, and the whole DZ.
http://vimeo.com/66078847
Why drive myself crazy trying to be normal, when I am already at crazy?

Wow, that's a great video of Sydney Skydivers. In all my time skydiving, I've never seen Phil have so much to say :)

To the OP - the best place to do AFF in the Sydney area is Sydney skydivers. It's about a 1hour drive from the city, the ground course is on most Saturdays and you can pay for one AFF stage at a time.

Some students do their AFF1 jump straight after the ground school on the same day. If the weather is good, you could finish your entire AFF in 1 week as they jump during the week as well.