joelgibson

Rock out with your fail exits

joelgibson

Look at my awesome fail from 4500 feet last saturday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmQiAioRcmM

That's not a fail :ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Yeah, what he said. I don't think you can say you failed unless you actually ended up stuck to the plane!

(This happened to me headjamming once, my helmet got hooked on the bar. Hilarity ensued B|)

--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

Arvoitus

Did you try to move your hands on the strut after you had let your feet off the leg support on the landing gear?

yep, 3rd exit from a 182 after training at a turbine dz. totally did not ask anyone how to get out of a 182...relied on youtube vids
SCR 15113
USPA Coach-C
Hellfish 1004

joelgibson

***Did you try to move your hands on the strut after you had let your feet off the leg support on the landing gear?

yep, 3rd exit from a 182 after training at a turbine dz. totally did not ask anyone how to get out of a 182...relied on youtube vids

At least you watched the vid that showed you how to open your riser covers...might want to watch the one that shows how not to scrape your pins all over the door frame...or just ask someone.

Saw this thread the other day and had a great addition from today.

We are practicing some rookie 4 way, and the 2nd jump we experience 'technical difficulties' in that 'Sully cam' falls his ass off the step during climb out.

It was pretty epic, made even more so by his edit, to awesome dance music as per normal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKcHRwioFe0&feature=youtu.be

hillson

******Did you try to move your hands on the strut after you had let your feet off the leg support on the landing gear?

At least you watched the vid that showed you how to open your riser covers...might want to watch the one that shows how not to scrape your pins all over the door frame...or just ask someone.

13th jump dude, i learned a lesson.
SCR 15113
USPA Coach-C
Hellfish 1004

joelgibson

Love that vid

I've had several people tell me that. We all have our awkward exits, and they really don't matter if you decide to stick with it. 20-30 jumps later you'll be doing things you never imagined you'd be able to do when you started AFF. I was stunned at how far I progressed in "7" (More like 13 for me) jumps in the AFF program, and honestly didn't believe I'd manage to complete all the A license objectives by 25. The level of progression was stunning. I guess it just goes to show how much you can really learn when your life is on the line! Heh heh heh.

A few years from now if I somehow end up with a D license, I still want to be able to point back to this video as my starting point. It'd be a blast to show it as an intro to teaching an AFF ground school!
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?