beowulf

Interstate Battery Commercial

beowulf

http://youtu.be/reTpk-phw4s

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but this was shot at Skydive Dallas. Pretty cool.

The skydving was organized by Al Hively and Scott Latinis.

It was fun to watch this whole thing being organized. They all did a great job. Looks great.

Need to coordinate jumpsuit colors for clarity. Derr.
Every fight is a food fight if you're a cannibal

Goodness is something to be chosen. When a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man. - Anthony Burgess

From what I was told this was all done in a very short time frame. In a matter of weeks. So no time to build new jumpsuits. The skydiving part was done over two days, maybe three. I know it was done over a Saturday and Sunday not sure about Monday as I have to work weekdays.

But then again someone always has to come up with a negative critic.

beowulf

http://youtu.be/reTpk-phw4s

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but this was shot at Skydive Dallas. Pretty cool.

The skydving was organized by Al Hively and Scott Latinis.

It was fun to watch this whole thing being organized. They all did a great job. Looks great.

Who ever is at the end of the Y needs to fly in place! :|

Hi Becca! ;)
Remster

>From what I was told this was all done in a very short time frame. In a matter of weeks.

We got jumpsuits for the Honda commercial in three days. Overall about 60 suits. They will build them as fast as you need them for enough $$$.

beowulf

Hmm.. apparently it wasn't a priority for Interstate Battery. I never asked about the jumpsuits. Never even thought about it till now.

i dare say Honda has a bigger advertising budget than Interstate batteires do:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Remster

Who ever is at the end of the Y needs to fly in place! :|

Hi Becca! ;)

ha...started reading that and thought... I wonder if he knows that's her!

Edit to add- this was shot in 1 day. I wasn't on the jump but was there the day they did it.

I was on the jump (center of the S).
-it was planned in less than a week
-we shot it in one day, on a Sunday
-we were asked to use our own gear (in response to the jumpsuit comment)
-we did the skydive that IB wanted us to do, the formation of the word YES
-point is.....we did what we were asked/paid to do (what the customer wanted - in reference to the nothing spectacular comment)

It was a really cool thing to be a part of, we had a ton of fun that day

I guess some people are always going to take the first opportunity to criticize....for some reason it always surprises me, especially when it's completely uncalled for

Danderson76

-we did the skydive that IB wanted us to do, the formation of the word YES
-point is.....we did what we were asked/paid to do (what the customer wanted - in reference to the nothing spectacular comment)

It was a really cool thing to be a part of, we had a ton of fun that day

I guess some people are always going to take the first opportunity to criticize....for some reason it always surprises me, especially when it's completely uncalled for

The "nothing spectacular" was a comment, not a criticism. It wasn't an amazingly huge formation. It wasn't proxy wingsuiting, it wasn't high performance swoops.

It was a nice, well executed belly jump. It showed the kinds of skills a good jumper has. It is probably a step or two above what I could do.

I thought it showed skydiving in a way that we see all the time, but the average wuffo wouldn't realize is "normal."

And I think it was really cool that you got the opportunity to be a part of it.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo