jumpwally

Marriage proposal idea's

Ok,,so my son wants to propose to his girlfriend. The obvious way is to have her do a tandem and have a large sign on the ground but she has no interest in making a jump as they just had a baby. He would like make one memorable jump and move on to family life.

So,,the current idea is to make a tandem with a hand held sign, or something and then show the video at home later that day at a party. It would be live to her then as he would be there with the ring and all the family and friends he choses to invite....

The question now is whats the best way to display the question ? A large sign temp taped to the bulkhead of the Otter,,video guy films it as he points to it and out they go ? Some kind of signage on his helmet ? I found a foam kneeling pad at the hardware store for gardening that has hand holds in it,,printing could go on there ( size of a key board ) but then will worring about holding the foam thingy distract him and make for a less enjoyable jump ? I look to you guys for comments and advice...i told him to make the jump and propose some romantic way,,but he is 22 and has to do something that requires mad skillz....B|

Thanks in advance...
smile, be nice, enjoy life
FB # - 1083

BigMikeH77

He is 22 and has no idea what he's about to get himself into. Suggest that he live his life first, that he can do that with his girlfriend and there's no immediate rush to get married, and they'll most likely be happier for making that decision to not rush into it.

Too late. He already knocked her up. But since the baby is born, no reason to rush a marriage to save face.

Have they talked about marriage? What it means? Sounds like he should grow up a little first.

Skydiving is his passion, not hers. He should make the proposal about her, not him. Especially with a young family, it's important for a father who jumps and is with a non-jumper to keep your priorities straight.

I know several jumpers who are all young dads with non-jumper wives, and all I can say is make sure your kid knows who you are and don't let your woman think for a minute that she's not as important as nylon and strings.

Gee,,i'm looking for advice on how to pull it off safely not what he should do with his life,,he has a game plan already. This ain't about me..it was his idea. They will be fine,,they got a great vibe going. I jumped at 18 got married at 21 and its been a great ride,,so who are we to say,,enough about life stratagies.....thats out side all of your rein....lol
FB # - 1083

LOL,,again that wasn't the freakinn' question,,,please read what i asked about , Neither he nor i care what you guys think about the life choices that have been made,,its about idea's for one fun afternoon and party.....:ph34r: You guys are a bunch of Dr.Phil wannabes....;)

FB # - 1083

a friend recently proposed at the dropzone. he had a special plastic sign made up and paid for that was "suppose" to with stand the winds of free fall. It broke in two on exit and flew away, I would go with some sort of sign in or on the plane.

hope that helps

BigMikeH77

He is 22 and has no idea what he's about to get himself into. Suggest that he live his life first, that he can do that with his girlfriend and there's no immediate rush to get married, and they'll most likely be happier for making that decision to not rush into it.

Oh shitttttt. Just cause you have failed at marriage doesn't mean other young people will

one of the best i have seen was a guy made a TV comercial and he and his fiancee were watching Tele when the AD screened.
Very cool idea I thought.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I think the most important thing is to ask the tandem instructor what he or she is comfortable with. A sign makes the jump more dangerous.

As far as actual sign holding goes, I do have a friend who injured his fingers pretty badly when he held up a plastic sign on a jump. The skin was ripped off his knuckles pretty badly from his fingers being in finger holds on the board, and it took months to heal.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

rather than a skydive for him, with His Fiance' On the ground,,, (nervously) [:/] waiting it out,, how about using the same 200 bucks or so... to lease a C172 or C 182 WITH Pilot, so that they Both can take
" an engagement flight " over the TOP of their "usual stomping grounds" :)...30 or 40 minutes on the tach.... Together,, at 2,500 feet or so...B|
and they can maybe fly over their home, fly over where they attended school... fly over the The shopping Center or mall where they may shop......
Unless they both have a chance to be IN a plane, often....:| this COULD be a Novel and FUN thing, that they can Share>:D;)
then at some point in the flight he might present Her with the ring.....NOT as exciting maybe,,, as a tandem jump,,,, (which CAN certainly be made Another time ) BUT it could be Fun and Different,, and memorable and Significant,,, to BOTH of them.....

If You are able to watch the child during the flight,,,, then everyone can be on hand , Upon LAnding,,,, to Share the bottle of champagne !!!
Then by NOt having to "get the video" the money saved can be used for a romantic celebratory dinner,,, later that same day...

Congrats on being a Grandpa...Good luck to the Happy Couple...

jmy:)

jumpwally

she has no interest in making a jump

I would suggest that he not do this as a jump-related event.

He would do well to plan a romantic (not adventuresome) way to ask her to spend the rest of their lives together.

It's not (or shouldn't be) about HIM, it's about THEM!
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

jimmytavino

rather than a skydive for him, with His Fiance' On the ground,,, (nervously) [:/] waiting it out,, how about using the same 200 bucks or so... to lease a C172 or C 182 WITH Pilot, so that they Both can take
" an engagement flight " over the TOP of their "usual stomping grounds" :)...30 or 40 minutes on the tach.... Together,, at 2,500 feet or so...B|
and they can maybe fly over their home, fly over where they attended school... fly over the The shopping Center or mall where they may shop......
Unless they both have a chance to be IN a plane, often....:| this COULD be a Novel and FUN thing, that they can Share>:D;)
then at some point in the flight he might present Her with the ring.....NOT as exciting maybe,,, as a tandem jump,,,, (which CAN certainly be made Another time ) BUT it could be Fun and Different,, and memorable and Significant,,, to BOTH of them.....

If You are able to watch the child during the flight,,,, then everyone can be on hand , Upon LAnding,,,, to Share the bottle of champagne !!!
Then by NOt having to "get the video" the money saved can be used for a romantic celebratory dinner,,, later that same day...

Congrats on being a Grandpa...Good luck to the Happy Couple...

jmy:)

Jimmy's idea is great, perhaps with a BIG MARRY ME sign on a feild or Park and fly over it :)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Couldn't you get a pair of all-new rigs for each of you (4 total) for the cost of a wedding these days? Yikes! Weddings, the only way I know to go broke faster than skydiving.

"So many fatalities and injuries are caused by decisions jumpers make before even getting into the aircraft. Skydiving can be safe AND fun at the same time...Honest." - Bill Booth

JeffCa

Couldn't you get a pair of all-new rigs for each of you (4 total) for the cost of a wedding these days? Yikes! Weddings, the only way I know to go broke faster than skydiving.

The divorce afterwards, is a quick way to chapter 11 also.
:p

As far as the proposal goes...... If THEY are not skydivers, I wouldnt make it a jumping related event. Im sure he will have enough trouble later if she isn't really into it. The last thing he needs is the fact that it overshadows the whole relationship including the engagement.

Re-enacting their first date and proposing at the same spot they became a couple? or proposing at the spot they first met? One of these worked for me 1 year after we started dating. I was 21, its been 13 years.

jimmytavino

rather than a skydive for him, with His Fiance' On the ground,,, (nervously) [:/] waiting it out,, how about using the same 200 bucks or so... to lease a C172 or C 182 WITH Pilot, so that they Both can [...]

BEAUTIFUL!
I like it!!!
I'm standing on the edge
With a vision in my head
My body screams release me
My dreams they must be fed... You're in flight.