JumpRu

uspa membership

If you are ordering a membership, normal submission online is handled the same as if faxed. Charges to your account and changes to the database can take up to two weeks to appear, and receipt of your membership card can take up to four weeks.

i don't know what to say... that is how things worked 25 years ago. :S

Ja, I had to go down to the antique store. They had a hardly-used Fax-o-tron 9000! Then I had to find a... let me see if I have this right... "Land... line"... a "landline" to plug it in to! The funny thing is, I E-Mailed them and said "Did you get my fax?" Good thing too, they lost my first one, so I had to re-fax it! How quaintly primitive! It's like, hey would you like to bash two rocks together to make your document? I can't wait until those guys discover DBase III!

*Edit* Yes, I know, I'm an asshat. :P

I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

Application can be expedited for the approximate cost of one hop and pop. That seems to be reasonable :)

from USPA website:

Expedited applications are processed and updated in the database within 48 business hours. An e-mail or fax confirmation is sent within 48 hours and can be used until your membership card is received.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

Stephen Hawking

JumpRu

If you are ordering a membership, normal submission online is handled the same as if faxed. Charges to your account and changes to the database can take up to two weeks to appear, and receipt of your membership card can take up to four weeks.

i don't know what to say... that is how things worked 25 years ago. :S

at the risk of sounding like a wise ass, they could always raise our dues to bring their technology up to standards. im guessing someone would then create a post about that, though.
"The point is, I'm weird, but I never felt weird."
John Frusciante

I NEVER messed with any of that. My DZ is happy to fax it and take the application/license/rating fee out of my account. It takes me 20 seconds... "Please fax this to USPA and take the fee out of my DZ account number #####". Perhaps the folks who are missing the boat are the DZs!

Emailing an the applation should be an option. We should not have to pay for any technology upgrade for that... since they already have the ability to handle email. I suspect that a small change in USPA office procedures would make emailed applications work just fine.
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

tdog

I have always emailed mine in and got a reply back saying they got it. Fax is not the only option..... :-) [email protected]

This ^^^

Scan to a PDF and email. (Or, as someone mentioned above, take a photograph of it.) Works for membership application and for license applications. (And bonus is that the scan is an electronic copy in case something goes missing, or if you visit a new place and need to prove things between the submission time and when you get your card.)

Divalent

***I have always emailed mine in and got a reply back saying they got it. Fax is not the only option..... :-) [email protected]

This ^^^

Scan to a PDF and email. (Or, as someone mentioned above, take a photograph of it.) Works for membership application and for license applications. (And bonus is that the scan is an electronic copy in case something goes missing, or if you visit a new place and need to prove things between the submission time and when you get your card.)

Now if only they could make their website work in the set of browsers that > 70% of the internet uses, it might seem to outsiders like it's a real professional organization. It's not like it didn't get mentioned to them like 3 years ago that the site doesn't work right.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

well, for me web site worked... i got email with confirmation and checked my bank account to see that 55 dollars go... but that did not happen instantly... ok... next day - nothing... then couple more days ... then i found out that it will take weeks just to process internet transaction???? this is worse then stone age. this is stone age with internet! >:(