Avikus

Does Size really don't matter?

*pause for sex jokes ...* Done? Good!

I've still consider new in the sport with my 2 years and 250 jumps. But as a 6'2", 210 lbs guy, I've notice that size really does make a difference when it comes to jumping with people.

I usually can manage in some ways but I think I've reach the limits of possibilities with a friend of mine.

She's 5'3", 95 lbs and just started jumping (currently awaiting her AFF progression because of winds and lack of instructor on her home DZ) and decided to go do some tunnel time to get comfortable in the air before carrying on in the sky.
Once at the tunnel, no instructor could fly with her cause she is ... "petite". The power was at 56%. Now I thought the average flyers flies between 76-81% (unless I'm mistaken).

I know she can wear weights and all but will that make a differences in the long run? I doubt she will wear a 50 lbs weight belt.

What are the possibilities of her and I fly together ? And what tips could you give her (beside over eating) that could make her experience in the sport that much better?

Cheers!
Avikus - Packer and Jumper - Hate landing with the plane!

And what tips could you give her (beside over eating) that could make her experience in the sport that much better?

Get a fast jumpsuit. Get used to wearing some weights. Work on flexibility. I've jumped with some smaller people that could arch like crazy and keep up with the bigger guys.
"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

mrubin

And what tips could you give her (beside over eating) that could make her experience in the sport that much better?

Get a fast jumpsuit. Get used to wearing some weights. Work on flexibility. I've jumped with some smaller people that could arch like crazy and keep up with the bigger guys.

I was pretty slow falling, tall, lightweight, and could not arch well. I ordered a custom suit and spoke to the manufacture a lot about my desire for vertical speed. Speed was part of each choice in the fabrics and options for the suit. My suit is not made from the most duriable fabics offered but it is fast (for me). It made a huge difference.
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

It should be doable if she wears a tight suit and you wear a baggy suit.

I'm 6'1" and about 200 lbs and I just last weekend jumped with a student who is about ~ 120 lbs. I didn't even really have to struggle to remain on level with her and she was doing her own thing so she wasn't even trying to be fast to help me out.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

I fall about 130 most of the time and the skinny cameraman over at the DZ has no problem keeping up with me without weights on. They can learn to fall faster and you can learn to fall a bit slower (Get a baggy jumpsuit and maybe have a rigger make it MORE baggy!)

I can probably slow down to 120 if I work at it. At my high end, I've topped 170 in a steep-but-not-head-down dive. In-between, I've had guys sit-fly with me while I was on my belly. Worst case scenario you could be a belly base for a lightweight freefly group!
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?